Sign in to follow this  
sacrayton

Cabin Alt Alert

Fellow simmers,

For some reason, on ever flight I currently fly now, the Cabin Altitude Alert sounds. Then the " Oxygen On" caution light illuminates. I do not know why this is occuring. Any help?

Stephen

On the main overhead panel, did you turn the APU bleed switch off and the engine bleed switches on after starting both engines? Otherwise, if the APU is off during flight, there would be no air for the pressurization available after reaching a specific altitude. Hence the Cabin Altitude Alert and 'Oxygen On' lights. :-)

737overheadcabinalert.jpg

Try with manual system, monitor cabin altitude, pressure difference and cabin rate, read what cabin altitude you need for your cruising altitude and then operate valve with open/close switch at pressurization panel. Btw, your reaction is so slow you and all your passengers are pretty much dead.  :P

Try with manual system, monitor cabin altitude, pressure difference and cabin rate, read what cabin altitude you need for your cruising altitude and then operate valve with open/close switch at pressurization panel. Btw, your reaction is so slow you and all your passengers are pretty much dead.  :P

... and don't forget to close the doors ...   :rolleyes:

That is the problem then. The APU is always off upon take-off, therefore I need to open Bleed Valves. 

Thanks...

Stephen

That is the problem then. The APU is always off upon take-off, therefore I need to open Bleed Valves.

Thanks...

Stephen

Those are usually on all the time.

Matt Cee