Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Down With Telstra

Issues with airport buildings after installation ORBX

Recommended Posts

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if I say something stupid. I was banned from the ORBX forums... well not really banned, but given an "official warning" for "abusive email behavior", then banned, so I've heard this is the place to go. Anyway, about a year ago I bought "ORBX AU blue", and just after it was installed, all airport buildings (and not just the ones in the ORBX region), ALL airport buildings in FSX were were moved into different spots, so I now commonly see AI aircraft partly inside buildings or buildings in the middle of the runway. I decided to try and get help from ORBX, and soon realized that they didn't have technical support, only a forum. And having read all the rants about how people were instantly banned from the forums, I was a bit skeptical. I joined anyway, but to my amazement, ORBX hadn't even got that right either. I was unable to login or post anything, so I contacted them and got this response: 

 

Your message has been received by the administrator, if your message

is a support request, please be advised that support is provided only
by the support forums which you can reach by going to
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum

If you are a banned / limited user and cannot access the forums and
are seeking support for your product please go to
http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/144-support-for-limited-users/

Thank you very much for your cooperation. Please again, be aware if
you do not receive a reply within 24-48 hours, your request is
considered one of the above and will not be answered.

If you are getting a forum message that says:

SORRY you do not have permission for this
YOU ARE NOT allowed to visit this Community

That does NOT mean you are banned, that simply means you have not
completed your registration in the proper manner as it was explained
in your welcome private message on the forums and you will have to go
and have a look at this video to set everything as it should with your
account:



Once you have done that go to http://orbxsystems.com/forum and you are all set.

If you are getting a message about being a spammer and that you are
banned because of it please contact http://www.stopforumspam.com and
get them to remove your email and/or IP from the database. Our forum
software will automatically pick up on this and allow you back in.

 

 

 

Keep in mind that this was an instantaneous response, so the message WASN'T received by the admin at all. The issue wasn't one they had listed, so I expected a response...

 

3 weeks passed. And so I got fed up with them and decided to post what they had done to me on Flight Simulator website. Unfortunately, one of the admins of ORBX saw the post and was probably shocked. He started to be extremely defensive, so I thought well, if they don't treat me nicely, go riddance to em'. But the glitch within FSX with their product was really bugging me, so I went back to the ORBX forums and tried to post something, and to my amazement AGAIN, the admin "Jay Kae", had given me a "Official Warning" for "Abusive Email behavior". And then at the bottom there was a button that says "I acknowledge this warning". Well I didn't, so now I'm banned. For a while I was fine with that, but then saw what the moderator, "Jay Kae" had said about me:

 

"It truly ###### me off when someone I ban goes out to the world and spews ###### and untruths about as to WHY he got banned. Love how the blame is always with the one doing the banning and never with the one who got banned in the first place, in other words, people sit there feeling sorry for the guy and condemning the ban without knowing the full story".

 

And then all of the people said "Guess your right Jay Kae, what an idiot" or "Jay Kae, you did the right thing". There was one that truly offended me that said: 

 

"I'm with you 100% Jay, this oleboy is one sick individual, you have done what was nessessary and none could condenm you for that. Hang in there Jay you're doing a great job, there are many more who appreciate the extrordinary efforts that you put in here than the few bad eggs that spoil it llke this moron. With his attitude I can't imagine he has many followers or friends to sympathize with his ban."

 

But anyhow, I've moved on from that, and now I need help with this problem. These buildings are really out of place, some in the middle of runways, and it's really annoying. All the AI traffic is parking in buildings or taxiing through them. Any thoughts?

 

Thanks.

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

So, did you complete your registration with the ORBX forum and posted there at all?

 

And how many times did you try to contact ORBX? From your post here, I can see exactly one message; is this correct?


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post

There is an Orbx library component that you are supposed to install LAST. Did you install it?

 

Link: http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/FTXORBXLIBS_130416.zip

 

They periodically update this library (hence the date: 2013-04-06) but it may be what you need.


John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler 

Share this post


Link to post

@olli4740: I couldn't access the activation thread, which was required to get into the forum, so I contacted them, and as the instantaneous message said:

 

"Please again, be aware if

you do not receive a reply within 24-48 hours, your request is
considered one of the above and will not be answered."

 

It wasn't one of the above. In fact it wasn't any of the issues in the message. I had followed the YouTube video correctly right up until the point of the activation thread, which I was unable to access. So I contacted them, got no response for three weeks, so I contacted them one final time, still no response. So I wrote this email to them, which probably got me banned: 

 

"If you don't supply proper technical support for a large company like yours, I won't ever buy your products again, and I will encourage others to do the same."

 

And yet still no response, so I took to Flightsim.com to say what happened. But then there was the admin of ORBX's post to my thread. It went something like

 

"I don't wish to help you any longer, due to your abusive email behavior, blah blah..."

 

What abusive email behavior? Where was I abusive? 

 

So then I threatened them with the idea that I was an FSX reviewer, and they were getting a bad mark. And yet amazingly, the actually believed me. So they finally responded to my request, and got it fixed, but then received this official warning crap, so good riddance to them. And now I'm banned for not acknowledging it.

 

And with all the offensive remarks against me by that admin and others, it leads up the ol' "goodbye". I don't really care about their forums anymore, good riddance to em' all.



@Howellerman: Yep, just installed it, nothing seems to have changed.

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for explaining this a little more.

 

Their registration looked pretty complicated to me, too. I got it done and opened one bug report over there myself. It wasn't answered for a couple of weeks.

 

My single incident can't be generalized, but it kind of seconds your findings.

 

Interesting they kept up their abusive e-mail charge against you even though they finally acknowledged you had a genuine support issue unsolved for quite some time.


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post

Ahh... it's ORBX? What do you expect?  :rolleyes:

 

I've also recently found out that the admin that banned me is on this forum as well. Let's hope he doesn't read this.

Share this post


Link to post

Ahhhhh. Its always entertaining to read that something like this has happened again.

Down With Telstra, on 05 May 2013 - 9:36 PM, said:

I've also recently found out that the admin that banned me is on this forum as well. Let's hope he doesn't read this.

You better hope they don't read this, if they were given an inch by the avsim admins, they would try and ban you here as well, anything to stop you talking bad about them (their little hearts just can't bear the criticism). These are the people that you need 'picture proof' for, they ban you, they say its your fault (like always), they then pretend it never happened. I've found that a few of the ORBX admins have a little bit of the keyboard warrior within. They'd run all over anyone they could behind their computer but runaway in real life.

 

One more thing, I've only just wondered why now, why is ORBX so special to have that fancy little registration thing? I've only ever seen it with them and to be honest (though they may think they are) they are not the biggest forum going around(ego-wise maybe). Not sure what its preventing but it didn't stop me from making a fake account.

Share this post


Link to post

There are a number of Flight1 products that need a registration for support over a forum, too, like the iFly and the LVLD.

 

BTW, AVSIM has long threads about ORBX/FTX which are critical in parts - and these threads are still visible and open ...


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post

Whatever the case, lets just hope that ORBX admin that banned me isn't on here, and yes, I have read all the critical threads about ORBX. It just makes me laugh about how intolerant ORBX are with customers  :lol:

Share this post


Link to post

Down With Telstra, on 04 May 2013 - 5:55 PM, said:

 

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so I apologize if I say something stupid. I was banned from the ORBX forums... well not really banned, but given an "official warning" for "abusive email behavior", then banned, so I've heard this is the place to go. Anyway, about a year ago I bought "ORBX AU blue", and just after it was installed, all airport buildings (and not just the ones in the ORBX region), ALL airport buildings in FSX were were moved into different spots, so I now commonly see AI aircraft partly inside buildings or buildings in the middle of the runway. I decided to try and get help from ORBX, and soon realized that they didn't have technical support, only a forum. And having read all the rants about how people were instantly banned from the forums, I was a bit skeptical. I joined anyway, but to my amazement, ORBX hadn't even got that right either. I was unable to login or post anything, so I contacted them and got this response:

 

Your message has been received by the administrator, if your message

is a support request, please be advised that support is provided only

by the support forums which you can reach by going to

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum

 

If you are a banned / limited user and cannot access the forums and

are seeking support for your product please go to

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/144-support-for-limited-users/

 

Thank you very much for your cooperation. Please again, be aware if

you do not receive a reply within 24-48 hours, your request is

considered one of the above and will not be answered.

 

If you are getting a forum message that says:

 

SORRY you do not have permission for this

YOU ARE NOT allowed to visit this Community

 

That does NOT mean you are banned, that simply means you have not

completed your registration in the proper manner as it was explained

in your welcome private message on the forums and you will have to go

and have a look at this video to set everything as it should with your

account:

 

 

Once you have done that go to http://orbxsystems.com/forum and you are all set.

 

If you are getting a message about being a spammer and that you are

banned because of it please contact http://www.stopforumspam.com and

get them to remove your email and/or IP from the database. Our forum

software will automatically pick up on this and allow you back in.

 

 

 

Keep in mind that this was an instantaneous response, so the message WASN'T received by the admin at all. The issue wasn't one they had listed, so I expected a response...

 

3 weeks passed. And so I got fed up with them and decided to post what they had done to me on Flight Simulator website. Unfortunately, one of the admins of ORBX saw the post and was probably shocked. He started to be extremely defensive, so I thought well, if they don't treat me nicely, go riddance to em'. But the glitch within FSX with their product was really bugging me, so I went back to the ORBX forums and tried to post something, and to my amazement AGAIN, the admin "Jay Kae", had given me a "Official Warning" for "Abusive Email behavior". And then at the bottom there was a button that says "I acknowledge this warning". Well I didn't, so now I'm banned. For a while I was fine with that, but then saw what the moderator, "Jay Kae" had said about me:

 

"It truly ###### me off when someone I ban goes out to the world and spews ###### and untruths about as to WHY he got banned. Love how the blame is always with the one doing the banning and never with the one who got banned in the first place, in other words, people sit there feeling sorry for the guy and condemning the ban without knowing the full story".

 

And then all of the people said "Guess your right Jay Kae, what an idiot" or "Jay Kae, you did the right thing". There was one that truly offended me that said:

 

"I'm with you 100% Jay, this oleboy is one sick individual, you have done what was nessessary and none could condenm you for that. Hang in there Jay you're doing a great job, there are many more who appreciate the extrordinary efforts that you put in here than the few bad eggs that spoil it llke this moron. With his attitude I can't imagine he has many followers or friends to sympathize with his ban."

 

But anyhow, I've moved on from that, and now I need help with this problem. These buildings are really out of place, some in the middle of runways, and it's really annoying. All the AI traffic is parking in buildings or taxiing through them. Any thoughts?

 

Thanks.

 

Hmmm, I hear this all the time, but I sometimes think it's a communication thing. The written word can be misconstrued so easily and I think this is often the case. Anyway, as for your problem, as had been suggested, the first thing you need to be aware of is that there was a substantial upgrade SP4.002 for the Aus scenery, so check that out on their site, secondly following the installation of all sceneries, you need to follow that by the installation of their latest libraries. Thirdly, parked aircraft and elevation issues can often be attributed to another product that is in play, such as a mesh product or similar airport scenery. Does the problem you experience with aircraft parked in airport buildings happen at more than one airport? (sorry just read that it happens throughout FSX) BTW. are you remembering to switch FTX central to the relevent scenery area before flying?


Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Accentuation is mine:

 

(...)

So then I threatened them with the idea that I was an FSX reviewer, and they were getting a bad mark. And yet amazingly, the actually believed me. So they finally responded to my request, and got it fixed, but then received this official warning crap, so good riddance to them. And now I'm banned for not acknowledging it.


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post

   Sorry have I misread something?... 

 

But anyhow, I've moved on from that, and now I need help with this problem. These buildings are really out of place, some in the middle of runways, and it's really annoying. All the AI traffic is parking in buildings or taxiing through them. Any thoughts?

 

Thanks.


Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

   Sorry have I misread something?... 

 

But anyhow, I've moved on from that, and now I need help with this problem. These buildings are really out of place, some in the middle of runways, and it's really annoying. All the AI traffic is parking in buildings or taxiing through them. Any thoughts?

 

Thanks.

 

 

No. I did, Howard. My apologies ...


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post

Hee, hee, I thought it was the caffeine in my coffee for a minute!


Howard
P3DV4.5, MSFS2020, MSI Mag Z490 Tomahawk MB, i7-10700 CPU @ 5ghz, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb RAM@3200Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Western Digital 1Tb HD + Storage, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, PFC Yoke, Warthog throttle system, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals, Saitek switch and radio panels, VRinsight Boeing 2 MCP.



Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Now I know what's been missing from my coffee, lol!

 

 

 

@Down With Telstra:

 

In case you screwed up your FTX installation you'll need to perform a thorough uninstall of them, followed by a re-install 'by the book' (the ORBX book). As Howard has mentioned already, when to switch FTX Central to 'default' or to the respective region is very important both to installing and to flying.

 

(I once ended up with double PeopleFlow in Milford Sound - all those "twins" looked funny, but ...)


What happened to AVSIM

Share this post


Link to post
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    34%
    $8,560.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...