Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zevious Zoquis

Microsoft's patch works flawlessly!!!!

Just installed the patch and I'm happy to report no problems. The sim actually has better performance than before. I won't go into detail because I'm off to watch the 'Presidential Debate' but I don't see any problems. Textures load faster than before which is a plus in my book...There is one problem.... For all of us who used the suggestion to disable the autogen that contained the barns and stables. That didn't get regenerated. What I mean is we have to manually undo what we have done to get that autogen back. Does anyone know how to get the extra autogen back??? I'm looking right now trying to find out how to undo the fix that is no longer required since Microsoft has fixed the problem. If anyone can point me to the fix I would greatly appreciate it...You guys are going to love the update, it's well worth it... :-jumpy :-wave

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

You will need to restore the default.xml file that originally resided in the Flight Simulator 9 folder (I believe it exists in an Autogen subfolder). If you made a backup prior to the original "fudge" we all used to fix the issue, you should be in the clear. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have to restore it from your install CD.You may also want to restore your Terrain.cfg. If you applied the seasonal CTD fix, you won't reap the full benefits of the patch until you restore the Terrain.cfg modified in the other fudge we all used to fix that issue.-John

I agree Dillon I can definatly see a performance boost to FS9 after the patch.

John I got everything back but the billboard signs. I think there were power lines as well. There must have been something else excluded as well...

FS2020 

Are you sure your Autogen density is maxed? Also, before posts appeared suggesting we delete the default.xml, I recall posts suggesting we modify it. If you restored from CD, that's a non-issue. But if you restored from a backup, it may have been one you modified as part of our first efforts to defeat the autogen bug...-John

>You will need to restore the default.xml file that originally>resided in the Flight Simulator 9 folder That is only one part of the Autogen "fix" . There were, I remember, two parts to the fix - can't remember what the other one was at the moment.Barry

Guest Kazt

I also installed the patch and everything is working flawlessly. Had to get the latest FSUIPC but otherwise, perfect!In terms of improvements, I previously had a CTD problem which I tracked down to a bad AFCAD file, but now this seems to be solved. I reinstalled this "bad" AFCAD to test the patch and 2 flights so far went smoothly. Kudos to MS.

I had no problems either. The install went as smoothly as I could have hoped for. I do believe I am seeing some performance improvement as well.KP

No I got the file from my CD. I wonder does this issue have anything to do with USARoads????

FS2020 

Possibly USA roads makes a difference. What's the datestamp of your Terrain.cfg? Something keeps nagging me that the terrain.cfg may have also been part of the Autogen fix...I'm using the default terrain.cfg and did a before/after test with autogen maxed--billboards, utility poles, and fish and chicken joints--all there.Also, although it's slight, my fps in before/after tests went from 29 to 31 at SFO 1R poised for takeoff, looking over my starboard side. And that's with the new bridges gracing the Bay...!-John

IIRC, the terrain.cfg change was part of the seasonal ctd fix. It could have been the autogen fix as well. The problem is that I did the autogen fix so long ago. I actually changed my mind and bit the bullet. I am doing a complete uninstall and reinstall. It was about time anyway, I had a lot of junk in there.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

John it's a fact... I went to London and looked around the city and sure enough all the original Autogen is there. USARoads cuts out the light poles and signs in the USA. So for all of us using this addon we'll need to let Flight1 know about this issue...

FS2020 

Guest Stephan

WOW!!! I'm quite impressed. Thank you MS!Now the hills around LSZH look like they should and I even recognise my favorite hiking area.Can anybody tell me what the correct/optimum LOD setting is for FS9.1 to show the most detailed mesh? TIAStephan

In the FS9.cfg file, there is the line "TERRAIN_USE_VECTOR_OBJECTS=0"It used to be set to "1"Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but this setting and the default.xml file are the ones I changed early on to create the workaround with the autogen issue.- JD

Guest Dominik Mann

Well, I only had time for a short after-install check, but I, too, have the feeling that performance has, in fact, increased by a slight margin. I only did some circles around RJAA and EDDF, both of which I have as add-on sceneries. I particularly noticed an increase at EDDF - I got the Simflyers scenery installed, and while I still wouldn't rate performance as "excellent" for this scenery, textures do load faster than before. Funny thing is that the patch installer complained that the file atc.dll had been altered and could not be updated. However, the installer kept going, and I could not detect any strange behaviour when I was using the ATC dialogue on my two check flights. I did have to install the most recent release of FSUIPC, since FS told me that the version I had installed was "not compatible with this version of FS9.exe" or something like that. Yet apart from these two items I do not have anything else to report.I'll have to monitor behaviour and performance of the sim over the span of a longer flight, but my first impression of FS9.1 has been positive.