Sign in to follow this  
Virtualviking

Largest FSX-available plane that can "safely" land at Dutch Harbour (PADU)

I know that a one point in history 737-200 operated to and from PADU. Is that equivalent to the 737-600 NGX? And what should my load restrictions be?

And other suggestions for larger planes to fly around the Aleutians?

Maybe a bit too large to be realistic, but still fun and quite a challenge, is the 752. The RWY is rather short, so you'll need max autobrakes and a very precise approach, you must not give away any inch of that runway with the 757!

The 736 or 737 should definitely be able to land there, regarding the payload I can't really comment, but I'd say taking into account the size of the airport  and the population (and the attractivity of the Aleutians as a holiday destination :rolleyes:)  I don't think that any aircraft will carry more than half the maximum payload, most likely less.

I'd say your 737-600 NGX with a Flaps 40 landing, and Autobreak High would do fine at Dutch Harbor!

As you said, the Alaskan 732s used to fly in there no problem;   I believe they used to carry enough fuel for a full return to PANC as an alternative too .... so they must have been landing at Dutch with some weight.

Reference - Just Planes, Alaska Airlines 737-200 DVD.

Took a WestJet (wrong company I know, but better than Scandinavian....) 737-600 into PADU RW 30 last night. Not to hard actually. I'm going to try RW 12 and the 700 also.

Runway 12/30

Dimensions: 

4100 x 100 ft. / 1250 x 30 m

Surface: 

asphalt/grooved, in fair condition

Weight bearing capacity: 

Single wheel: 

Double tandem: 

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

many of the runways in the Aleutians were made for B-52s to take off and land. Try PADK it's got a runway large enough to land the space shuttle (well almost) I've been there for real.