Yes sure you can overclock automatically (which does not rely on an "UEFI BIOS". My old PC can also overclock automatically... from 800 to 900MHz on an athlon :D) . But it does not solve the heat problem. Also UEFI is the successor of BIOS and saying "UEFI BIOS" is like saying "prop turbofan". UEFI is an layer between firmware and the OS like the BIOS is.

An CPU core is working at about 95-100 degree... that's normally as silicate have a temp to work on. The messuring diode is far away from the die. But 50 degree on an IvyBridge at 4+ GHz is impossible. You should also know, the temperature messured on your "CPU" is NOT the temperature on your core.

As said I've a H100 hybrid cooling system and cpu temperature is raising slowly from 30 (ambient) to about 55 degree in about 20m while prime95 is running. This is the temp cpuz is telling for CPU core and this is a lie as this is the cooling fluid temp. No meaning why an fan will tell you much higher temp's (with my Noctua DH12 it tell's CPU is running at 85-90 degree for example).

But to answer the question of the thread starter: NO an 3770k is not an update. Also some people are reporting switching off hyperthreading is increasing the FSX FPS which does make sense as FSX does only use 1 core to an amount of 100% and other cores not so much. At least this is what I see on my system. When I switch off HT my core is not getting this hot and I can overclock further.

And 350euros for an 3770k is a huge amount of money if you think about... for 200 you'll get an sandy 2500k which is much faster on fsx due to higher GHz on stock cpu's.

Yes sure you can overclock automatically. But it does not solve the heat problem.

As said I've a H100 hybrid cooling system and cpu temperature is raising slowly from 30 (ambient) to about 55 degree in about 20m while prime95 is running. This is the temp cpuz is telling for CPU core and this is a lie as this is the cooling fluid temp. No meaning why an fan will tell you much higher temp's (wigh my Noctua DH12 it tell's CPU is running at 85-90 degree for example).

What?  No.  Where did you come up with this?  There's no temperature sensor to measure coolant temperature, not unless you build one and write the software to read it.  Thermal monitoring programs read the temperature from the CPU's thermal sensor, typically integrated into the CPU die itself (or at least the package).  

Wondering about OC and the i7 3770K, what is possible to get

Just bought this setup, what du you think in words of OC?

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY Bridge

INTEL CORE I7 3770K 3.5GHZ 8MB S-1155 IVY

FRACTAL DESIGN FULLTOWER DEFINE XL R2

CORSAIR H100I HYDRO CPU COOLER S-1155/1366/2011/AM3+

CORSAIR AX 1200W PROFESSIONAL SERIES MODULAR PSU

Kingston HyperX DDR 3 CL9 1600 Ghz

Samsung 840 SSD

X-Plane Scandinavia

Norway - Sweden - Finland - Iceland - Denmark

https://www.facebook.com/xpscandinavia

Like - Share - Follow us on everything

Stock with this cooling you'll get at least 4,7GHz as I've the same.

Regarding CPU-Z: I stand corrected. I've CPU Temp and 4 Coretemps whereas the Coretemps telling the real core temp. Wondering what CPU Temp is? It's raising constantly as long as core temp is high. Also my ASUS Probe is telling this "CPU Temp" is the CPU temperature.

Stock with this cooling you'll get at least 4,7GHz as I've the same.

Regarding CPU-Z: I stand corrected. I've CPU Temp and 4 Coretemps whereas the Coretemps telling the real core temp. Wondering what CPU Temp is? It's raising constantly as long as core temp is high. Also my ASUS Probe is telling this "CPU Temp" is the CPU temperature.

There are temperature sensors in each core, as well as a sensor which measures package temperature.