Sign in to follow this  
felipeturbay

Virtual cockpit view - planes invisible

Hello guys,

I want to share with you guys two screenshot. In the first one you can see the outside view and in front an Air France plane...

3a4e4469-322a-4c1c-a0f7-a06d9050fd9e_zps

however, when I go to the virtual cockpit view I see no plane, just the lighting of it...

61b44a7e-766a-4ee9-b2c0-7d939686e95f_zps

is there a tweak problem here?

Thanks for any ideas!!

Scenery? (I think the terminal building is missing in the first external shot too)

I'd be inclined to check my scenery complexity settings if it was me. I'm no expert, not by a long shot. But you never know...

I had this same problem 2 days ago after trying out TileProxy. I ended up deleting my FSX.cfg and letting FSX rebuild it.

My problems also included my menu disappearing, my external models going transparent, and sometimes only a wheel or a wing disappearing...

Very strange....

Diego

Do you have HIGHMEMFIX=1 in your FSX.Cfg file?

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

@ hello Matthew, yes I will try this if it makes a difference...

@ hello Diego,  that is exactly what has been happening to me many times! one question how can I make FSX to rebuild my FSX.cfg file?

@ hello Ahmet, yes I included this on the file, it solved some problems related with the texture of planes but it seems not to work always...

@ hello Matthew, yes I will try this if it makes a difference...

@ hello Diego,  that is exactly what has been happening to me many times! one question how can I make FSX to rebuild my FSX.cfg file?

@ hello Ahmet, yes I included this on the file, it solved some problems related with the texture of planes but it seems not to work always...

Hi Felipe,

When you have the FSX.cfg file displayed in its directory, rename the file to FSXOLD.cfg. Save it and when you reload FSX, it will see no FSX.cfg file and rebuild a new cfg file. If you do this, remember you will have to apply your changes, such as HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the new cfg file.

Regards

Geoff Bryce

Check either scenery shadows or airplane shadows is off. One of those causes this problem

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com