Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

XPlane10 San Francisco video by RedPiper

Lottsa oddness going on in there.  :P

redpiper1 is still my most consistently favorite XPX video-maker, though.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

***Beautiful***

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

***Beautiful***

Indeed!!!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

I see "Floating buildings" near the end of the video (?)  Is it some sort of interference between auto-gen and OSM?  Look near the bottom of the screen when the video is arriving to the end...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I see "Floating buildings" near the end of the video (?)  Is it some sort of interference between auto-gen and OSM?  Look near the bottom of the screen when the video is arriving to the end...

It's converted scenery. He warns to stay away from it because of all the problems encountered.

It's what I meant by lots of oddness going on. :-)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

This happens when objects are placed at an absolute height, instead of relative to the ground ...

I suspect, that this might be an inherent problem with the fs2xp conversion. Depends on how MSFS specifies object positions (which I don't know!) ... if they are all at an absolute Z position, then the converter has no chance to make the right decision:

• if it decides to make them all relative to the ground (if there is a correctly defined origin / center in the MSFS 3D objects at all ...), then objects, which are really meant to float (like some static balloons etc.) would be grounded too .. or if the center / origin of the objects is at an "unusual" position they might be halfway sunken into the ground.
  • if it decides to use the absolute height (which it obviously does), then you see what happens in the video

I think, this is one of the reasons, why converted scenery needs hand tuning.

Another problem I encountered is that a lot of "objects" are actually part of the same object file, so if you change the height of one to match its ground level, other stuff that's part of the same object will be off. This is especially noticeable if you have airport following terrain, and not completely flat like the MSFS it was designed for