Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

Should I uninstall FSX?

hey

well guys I only use P3d now, haven't opened FSX once since I bought P3d. Im wanting to uninstall it, just wondering what you guys have done. Any point in keeping it on. Im going to try to start using XP too so would like room for that.

thanks

lee

Leel,

I actually uninstalled FSX, when I understood P3D was giving me smoothness and stability like never before.

After having used the Estonian Migration tool I also decided on my last P3D install that I would stick with P3D compatible add-ons, and no longer that tool. I was only using AS2012 SP2 (P3D-ready), and Aerosoft's DR-400 and AXE lately.

I uninstalled all of my other simulators though, including P3D... I might consider XP10 in the future should something make me change my mind when 10.30 or 10.40 are released. I also look forward for LP P3D v2.0, but, I am finally dedicated FULL-TIME to DCS World. No other simulator can compare to it when it comes to flight dynamics, and the add-ons are so complex and thrilling to learn to fly that I really do not have the time to spend with other sims...

Honestly, starting FSX, P3D, MS FLIGHT or XP10 was becoming boresome, when I always ended up running to DCS World to find what I really am after in the very 1st place - flight dynamics accuracy / quality, plus the rest of the systems simulated top-notch on it's aircraft / helicopter modules, and a very promissing future! The rest feel like Spectrum 747 simulator to me now ....

It took time for me to "converge" towards this "state of affairs", but it was slowly becoming evident. Anyway, regarding FSx vs P3D, it was clear to me that using both was no good for me, after the stability and better default everything in P3D IMO... As to XP10, it is of course promissing (certainly more than P3D v1.4). P3D v2.0 is still just a possibility...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

We cant keep up to you JComm lol.

uninstalling now.

Looking forward to trying out X-Plane too, I doubt it will replace P3d but it will be nice to use

I uninstalled FSX, P3d is much smoother, and the new shaders in P3D look outstanding. I too am holding out for X-Plane, I'm hoping Laminar can push some major overhauls through on 10.3 and 10.4. For now, i'll gladly stick to P3D.  

Justin Fletcher

So... It's true then that P3d is more stable and requires less tweaking and has better FPS? Can someone confirm/deny this for once and for all? I've heard tons about P3d vs FSX ranging from "it's barely any improvement" to "it's so much better you'll never need FSX again"...

Yup  Uninstall as soon as possible it's of no use anymore ,P3D  is Far Better  Smoother and Much more Stable,  the only problems 

i Have had are the ones caused by Me !!!!!

You are Giving up a few Airplanes that won't work in P3D,  Flight 1 Mustang and PMDG   777  are saying they Won't work but 

Scenery and Utilities work just fine. Personally the gains far outweigh the Loss. 

I can confirm this too, and I am not even suspect because I am not using it anymore (now solely / 100% dedicated to DCS World!)

But yes, P3D gives you better default scenery, mainly landclass but also mesh, than FSX Gold. Some of the best aircraft and scenery add-ons work perfectly with, if not directly because they have p3d-ready installers (as2012 sp2, aerosoft Airbus X Estended,...) still available through that excellent Estonian Migration Tool, and you will also get, by default, a better tuned weather engine (being the same in ESP, they did tune the turbulence and wind shear effects).

Graphically the instrument panels looked crisper and a lot better overall in my i5 2500k + GTX 650 Ti with lower Nvidia Inspector settings. I couldn't match it in FSX! Even at lower FPS you do not notice stuttering in P3D.

Of course, beware that if you max the graphics settings, like using LOD at the default 6.5, there are no miracles... Just as anything in life, it's a balance...

Go for it, or, wait for v2 since it will probably be announced later this year...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yup P3d is a lot better.

I think the T7 will work just like the NGX. Just no support from PMDG

Somedays I just wish there was a sort of free flight screen, having to change plane, location and time can be a bit cumbersome.

Lee

FSX is gone from my HD for more than a month now.  Sometime I wonder about what I would missed out by not having the  planes and utilities that I paid for but can no longer use: Flight 1 Mustang, T182T, LVD767, RXP etc.  Then I think about the CTD at the most annoying time the stutters etc and then I forget about them.  There is no point in having all the stuffs but then having a sim that sometimes works.  I tried DX10, gave it up because it's has limit.  I am waiting for P3D 2.0 and watching LR XPlane 10.  I bought XPlane 10 before P3D 1.4 but now I use P3D exclusively because of all the add-on that I have.  May be I will come back to XPlane 10 in a year.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

I miss Reality XP lol I wish they would just let you pay for a p3d license like REX does.

I miss Reality XP lol I wish they would just let you pay for a p3d license like REX does.

They do, just look for MS ESP License at their store.  You have to contact them directly and prepare to pay!  I don't miss it too much, because I use Aivlasoft EFB to plan my GPS and select any STAR I want, then I just fly the approach.  I don't have time to manually enter waypoints any more.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Yeah but I don't want to pay commercial prices lol

How'd you get Aivlasoft working with P3d?

Using the Estonia's migration tool with legacy mode.  I think the regular mode works too although I have not tried it.

Vu Pham

Using the Estonia's migration tool with legacy mode. I think the regular mode works too although I have not tried it.

Ok yeah I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall it

Thanks