Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

Uneven Fuel Flow Beech Baron

I am getting uneven fuel flow in the Baron.  About 2/3 of the fuel comes from the right tank while the left supplies the rest.  I am carefully tuning throttle/prop/mixture settings and the fuel flow appears evenly matched in the flow gauge.  Any ideas??

Dan,

No.

Do some screenshots (before takeoff and enroute) of the gauges, fuel cogs (normal/fuel xfer) and the reported fuel in the FSX Aircraft/Fuel/change (remaining fuel each tank) window.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

In the past using a saved flight in another aircraft and switching planes is the problem as the previous planes fuel sysyem is loaded .

I would suggest that you set up a flight from menu , selecting the plane and location from the free flight menu, set yourself up in a parking spot , cold and dark if you like and then save your flight .

when you do so only the systems from your chosen aircraft will be loaded , in theory this will take care of the problem.

That's actually pretty much what I've always done with all my aircraft. I load from a saved flight at KSEA with the default Cessna 172 as the saved airplane and that flight opens on the default runway.  The Cessna is configured C&D.  I then move the C-172 to my desired airport and parking spot, time, date etc, fuel load, etc.  When everything is ready I change over to the Baron (or any airplane I wish to fly).  This procedure has always worked in the past.

Having said all that, I'm going to check all settings in the C-172 and so forth.  Things have been known to get mysteriously tweaked in FSX.  I'll let you know.

What are your fuel selectors in the Baron set to?

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

Set to the center (both) position.  The tool tip says "left" regardless of where I set the selectors, and just to throw more C... in the fan, both tanks are now feeding evenly.  Wonder if I somehow simply got a corrupted install the last flight I did??

Edit:  That should actually be considered as an install for the flight when I noticed the fuel flow problem.  Obviously I did not do a fresh install of the model into FSX.