Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AdvancedFollower

MegasceneryEarth sale - favorite region?

Megascenery Earth are having a Memorial Day weekend sale, 25% off all MSE products.

I'm thinking about picking up one or two areas, but I'm wondering which of the currently available areas is your favorite?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I don't have too many of the V2 sets yet, but based on my limited selection (Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin), Wisconsin wins hands down so far.

I'm thinking of adding New Mexico and Arizona this weekend with the sale, as the images I've seen look good so far, and my experience with photo scenery in general is that the SW is where photo is at its best.

I've already got a good bit of northern AZ, though, courtesy of Blue Sky and I wonder if I put the Blue Sky tiles above in the library how well everything will blend.

Scott

I think you have to go by where you fly or want to fly.  For instance, I like the flight out of KORD to St Louis so I have the Illinois and the Missouri states.  I also like the route from Houston to Oklahoma City and back.  The Washington to Charlotte NC is nice too but there are still some anomalies around KDCA caused by the Maryland and/or Virginia sceneries so I would hold off until those are fixed.  I recently bought ImagineSim's Charlotte International Airport and it fits in well with MSE V2 North Carolina (except for some minor color differences in and around the area).  If you are going to take advantage of the 25% off sale, then I would go for the complete state of Texas (about $102).  Of course Arizona and Nevada (not released yet) would make a nice combo as you'll have the Grand Canyon and Vegas.   

Best regards,

Jim

If you are going to take advantage of the 25% off sale, then I would go for the complete state of Texas (about $102).  Of course Arizona and Arizona (not released yet) would make a nice combo as you'll have the Grand Canyon and Vegas.   

Best regards,

Jim

Yeah I've been thinking about that. Obviously the more you spend, the more you save.. but even at 25% off, that's a lot of money to sink into scenery..

Prefer Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Ohio as I like water, lush green valleys, and following ravines, and rivers.  Its short VFR flyier heaven the midwest.  Really want to see South Dakota the most scenic great plain state. Its lot of money to spend on it but i feel its realty under my wing.  For payware only bought photo-real scenery for 2013 nothing else actually.  Exception the R400 robin plane to fly over the netherlands, and belgium freeware photoscenery.  Figure just buy the photo-scenery as take me 20 years to make my own. Always loved photo scenery even with its limitations.