Sign in to follow this  
mgculver

Heading and Altitude adjustment

Hi.

On the TBM 850 I don't seem to be able to adjust the heading by anything less than 10 degrees and altiude by less than 1,000 ft.

What am I overlooking?

Thx

Mike

I had that problem at one point with the Course knob on the ECS; reloading the plane, it went away. Could have been a glitch, or some button I pressed? Haven't seen it since.

Have you installed the update?

The altitude knob has an inner and an outer knob...  inner is hundreds, outer is thousands

Bert

Thx guys.

Seems once airborn and the AP activated, everything works. On the ground however, the inner knob was dialing 10K and the inner 1K. The heading adust bug was changing by 10 degree increments. Once airborn it was changing in one degree.

Thx again.

Mike

I actually think this is a bug, as today in the air I could not get the CRS knob to rotate in less than ten-degree increments again.

Sigh.

Do you have the "fix control acceleration" fix set in FSUIPC?

Bert

In some cases, this fix can help when the mouse wheel dials in multiples of what it should do..

Bert

I just changed the "fix control acceleration" in FSUIPC. Seems to switch from 10 deg increments to a cycle of 2,4,10 degree increments. Still works OK was once in the air.

Mike

Ah. I betcha in my case it's good old MS mouse acceleration settings. Forgot about that. Isn't usually an issue. Could it be that once the knob is "accelerated" into 10 degree increments, it doesn't revert with slower wheeling?

Have the same problem with the a/c on the ground. Heading changes by increments of 10 deg, adjustment is via mousewheel only, there are no click spots that I can find. I think this may have been introduced with SP2, I didn't have this problem with SP1.

can not get the altitude  button to work at all the selected box will change?? I have went over the manuals could use some help.....thanks a lot

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

I did get it to work after I took out and program called wheelcam,I must say this is the most difficult way to tune an autopilot I have ever seen.....

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

I did get it to work after I took out and program called wheelcam,I must say this is the most difficult way to tune an autopilot I have ever seen.....

If you have your mouse wheel assigned differently, it is not straightforward... that I understand.

Once you have that behind you, however, it is just like the real Bendix King autopilot, so "as real as it gets" B)

Bert