Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

citationjet

Performance Problems after Reinstall

Hi guys,

after downloading and installing the newest/latest version of the TBM I have real performance problem with this bird

After take off i can climb with 1600ft/m when I'am lucky and with a IAS of 115 kts, every higher climb rate ends up with a rapidly lost of the speed

I have activated the 850 flap but then I get only a red alert message for "Torque" but no change in the performance

When I installed the first version, I was able to climb with a steady speed of ~145 kts and with 2400ft/m up to higher levels but now it is neaerly impossible to fly the TBM with a acceptable performance.

Any help and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Mark

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

First of all, let the speed build up before starting the climb..  115 kts is barely enough to fly level..

135 kts is better.  If that does not work:

Did you delete the old version - if not, try a complete re-install.

You should be able to climb at 2000 ft/min without any difficulty..

Hi Bert,

Yes I uninstall the old version completely incl. the folder. So there should be no old files.

Ok I will try it? I just wondered that the first version was real powerful on the climb and the latest version flies not like a high end turbo prop

In the new version is it still ok to adjust the aircraft.cfg and change the parameter of the engine from 1.0 to 1.1 to get it a bit more power?

Thanks

Mark

In the new version is it still ok to adjust the aircraft.cfg and change the parameter of the engine from 1.0 to 1.1 to get it a bit more power?

You can, but I'm finding it OK with the default settings - just make sure you've got some speed when you want

to climb.

Socata says to wait til 2000 feet before engaging the hyperdrive... I usually do 500-700 fpm climbs until about 2000 ft, engage the hyperdrive, then start 1500 ft climbs @ 190, then ease it to 2000 fpm from then on out.

my typical load out is:

Full fuel, 225 pilot, 210 co pilot, 110 and 90 first row, 145 and 0 second row, 100 lbs cargo.