Sign in to follow this  
Kerlix

Just got the Captain's Flight Manual Set

After months (or at least it felt like it), I decided to "take the plunge" and ordered the Captain's Flight Manual Set for the T7. They arrived just before I got home from work and all I can say is "WOW!". I was hesitant at first knowing that the manuals would be coming in PDF format with the aircraft, but this really takes it to a new level. The quality is amazing and I feel that it was money well spent. I may have broken the bank with the purchase, but I'm glad I did.

If anyone was debating it (and can afford it), I would highly recommend it. I understand some people's skepticism towards paying for the set, but to me it feels like it will make all the difference in the world. Now, instead of having to scroll through 1000+ pages (or whatever) of a PDF to find out what's going on with the aircraft when a message appears, I'll be able to grab a manual/QRH and go directly to the answer using the tabs and color coding.

I'm sure there are those out there who are thinking "Why post something so pointless?". Well, 'Haters gonna hate'. I just wanted to express my satisfaction and let anyone else that may be on the fence that in my opinion, it is a worthwhile purchase and something I'll be excited/proud to have to years to come. I also wanted to let PMDG know their work in obtaining, organizing and processing these documents has been impeccable. Job well done, guys.

I have it since last summer and its pricey.  It is a nice service offered by PMDG, and I also have the NGX set.  I not sure that I would get them again for any future release as I think a tablet-oriented release, which of course comes with the product, would be more in-step with how it seems that it is done these days.  The printed manuals does add to the overall advanced and high-fidelity credibility of the product.  I think it is very much a niche offering.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I'm sure there are those out there who are thinking "Why post something so pointless?". Well, 'Haters gonna hate'. I just wanted to express my satisfaction and let anyone else that may be on the fence that in my opinion, it is a worthwhile purchase and something I'll be excited/proud to have to years to come. I also wanted to let PMDG know their work in obtaining, organizing and processing these documents has been impeccable. Job well done, guys.

Not at all Dave. It's good information for those of us on the fence and it's a much better thread than complaints or release-date speculations. Thanks for sharing.

Bob Donovan - KBOS

• Hardware: i7 11700k on ROG Strix Z590 ► Asus ROG GeForce 3070 ►FDS 737 FMC ► VRInsight 737 Overhead ► GoFlight TQ6 ADV ► Thrustmaster Warthog
  • Software: P3D ► MSFS ► XP11 ► DCS World

Yeah cant afford that.

I *do* wish it was feasible to pre-release the pdfs.  I understand why they will not be but it sure woulda been awesome to get read up and primed for this jet.

spacer.png

I did get the Captain's set for the NGX and they are great. There is a big difference from holding and paging through the real hard copy, spiral bound manuals and looking at a .pdf. No comparison.

Since I am moving over to X-Plane 64bit more and more and flying in FSX less and less, I probably won't buy the manuals and I'm not even sure I will buy the T7.

But, if I did, I would certainly want the Captains set of manuals.

In fact, I may buy some of the PMDG manuals anyway, to use when I fly the T7 in XPX64.

Awesome! I would buy it - but it's hard to spend that much when you get given all the same manuals for your iPad ha. Only one I'd maybe buy is the QRH since all airliners carry hard copies. However, the 777's QRH is pretty much implemented in the Non-Normal checklist system, which will never fail since I don't use failures unless I'm purposely simulating things.

If I didn't have my iPad and all the manuals kindly given to me, then I'd buy it last year too!

I have had mine for quite awhile and they did a fantastic job again. Now beyond ready to fly it!

Ken Ehlers
F70

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg