Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mazelda

drivers

Hi all

I've not done a driver or inspector update in quite a while so what version of the nvidia drivers are working best for dx10 at the moment thanks

I always update to the latest and greatest.  I have a GTX 580 too.  Of course, with a subject like yours, you are going to get many (and I mean many) who refuse to upgrade or the lastest drivers caused FSX to crash or they got a BSOD.  I'm just saying, the latest and greatest WHQL drivers from NVidia work for me.  The version of DirectX you are running should have no restrictions on what video driver you should install.  What works for DX9 will work for DX10 too (or DX11 if FSX had that capability).

Congrats on the 4.9GHz OC.  Not too many people are able to keep FSX running successfully with an OC that high!  I had mine at 4.8GHz for some time but started seeing some unexplained issues so reduced the OC to 4.4GHz and FSX is working great!

Best regards,

Jim

I have a GTX 560 and just reverted back to the 306.xx driver after trying the 320.xx driver. I had really poor performance with that driver in the form of persistent stuttering.