Sign in to follow this  
FLIGHTO

SP2 is out!

Ok John, there's got to be a reasonable explanation for this...just wish I knew what it was, lol.

My youtube video is uploaded.  The video is short and simple.  I initiate a turn by applying gentle rudder to the left, and the aircraft slowly banks left.  I then roll out of the turn by applying opposite rudder.  At no time do I attempt to use the ailerons.  Yaw damper is off, winds calm, some light turbulence.

I'm pasting the youtube link here, should be live soon.  The flight was over the Napa Valley, by the way, using Tileproxy.  However, FRAPS and the TBM both take a hit on Tileproxy, the the ground below is a bit blurry.

John

watching that just gave me an idea...maybe our realism settings are differing from each other...I'll test a couple more ways and get back!

**EDIT - that's it...John, you must have the "general" slider in your realism settings turned down. Mine are at full right, and by turning it down to easy I was able to make the plane roll in same direction as applied rudder.

At least now we know (as long as you can confirm, John).

Don't know why i didnt think of that earlier but it took watching your video for that to ring a bell!

At 16000 feet @ 230 kts the aircraft with full left or right rudder and no aileron would roll in the direction of rudder input although slowly.

At 2000 feet @ 120 kts the aircraft would roll the opposite direction of rudder input and do it quite quickly.

It appears the aircrafts rudder response / reaction is dependent on airspeed and to a lesser degree- altitude.

Skully I'm not able to get that result at 16K/230kts here...when i tried it i still was getting opposite roll. Are you realism settings maxed to the right or no?...the only way im able to get this thing to roll in direction of applied rudder is to turn down the "general" slider for the flight model realism setting.

I have tried the TBM Rudder in level flight with the Yaw Damper off and Rudders in uncoordinated mode, when rudder is applied in one direction I also get a roll to the opposite direction. I then tested all the FSX airplanes in my hanger and I get the proper response with a turn in the same direction as the riudder is applied. I hopefully this will be corrected in the near future as flying X wind slips will be difficult in the TBM.

Skully I'm not able to get that result at 16K/230kts here...when i tried it i still was getting opposite roll. Are you realism settings maxed to the right or no?...the only way im able to get this thing to roll in direction of applied rudder is to turn down the "general" slider for the flight model realism setting.

Hmmm.. Realism sliders are all one stop short of full. No auto rudder.

Read a thread here years ago that that was the most realistic place to set them for FSX. Who the hell really knows.. lol

Also noted some dutch roll if your quick on roll control inputs.

p.s. I was over the Italian alps with OPUS going for what it's worth.. I did not test in zero winds and I did not take not note of the winds aloft.

watching that just gave me an idea...maybe our realism settings are differing from each other...I'll test a couple more ways and get back!

**EDIT - that's it...John, you must have the "general" slider in your realism settings turned down. Mine are at full right, and by turning it down to easy I was able to make the plane roll in same direction as applied rudder.

At least now we know (as long as you can confirm, John).

Don't know why i didnt think of that earlier but it took watching your video for that to ring a bell!

I got around to trying the '850 tonight after I installed SP2.  Yep, you're spot on.  If I crank up the general realism slider, I get a roll opposite to the applied rudder.  Obviously not right. 

Good catch!

John

Well, I finally got SP2 to work! Only problem is that for some reason I have low volts on the MFD all the time, not sure if this is SP2 related though. Anyone have any ideas?

Well, I finally got SP2 to work! Only problem is that for some reason I have low volts on the MFD all the time, not sure if this is SP2 related though. Anyone have any ideas?

I am getting low (0) ESS Bus volts reading.....

Turn everything off - reset generator and begin power up sequence again.