Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 6/9/13 - Lulu Limbo

This appears to be an odd one even down to the EP's.  I'm looking forward to hunting it.

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Well, I am happy to report that I ... failed! :lol:   Miserably, at that.

At first, I thought the Aerocache was under a jetway so I flew under them.

Honolulu_01_zps5292706f.jpg

After a while, when that didn't work, I tried the other side of the terminal and there it was.

Honolulu_02_zpsd93adb84.jpg

But, I crashed into the coconuts. So, I tried again. And crashed again. And again. And again. :LMAO:   Over a half dozen times, each one ending with the destruction of the airplane and a whole bunch of coconut palms. I would like to see somebody who can fly under there without crashing. B)

Finally, I gave up and flew over the Aerocache.

Honolulu_03_zpsfd422260.jpg

And then flew through a hangar successfully.

Honolulu_04_zpsed9e6df0.jpg

Easy compared to the Aerocache location.

Finally, over at the seaplane base for the end of the flight.

Honolulu_05_zps72cae5df.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

I fly under these places all the time in the RV6, icon no. I can get the F4U to fly under that hanger.

But, I crashed into the coconuts. So, I tried again. And crashed again. And again. And again. :LMAO:   Over a half dozen times, each one ending with the destruction of the airplane and a whole bunch of coconut palms. I would like to see somebody who can fly under there without crashing. B)

Reading this almost brings tears of joy to my eyes. It's so nice to know I'm not alone in my endeavors.

I will fire up "The Black Mumba" (black Icon) once I eat breakfast and see if I can make it through the lower portion. And I will remember the old man's version of the saying that goes something like "If at first you don't succeed..., find a place to land, hop out and run over to get the darn thing!" :P

But first I need to find out where Honalulu Airport is... :huh:

When I flew under the skywalks I used one of the Carbon Cubs and I have to admit it took me 4 attempts. At first I thought maybe the middle one (where the cache was) had a solid wall in it but I finally went through. Then I quit while I was ahead.

Blue skies & tailwinds,

-Alan