Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jetsflier

AIRLINER Throttle (+Yoke?)

So, I'm finally in the market looking for a throttle and yoke to work on my 737NGX with. I already have a joystick to use with my Airbus X Extended. I saw the Saitek ones and immediately realized they were geared more towards GA simmers. Is there anything out there that is very reasonably priced*, but for airliners?

If possible, I'd like it to have a Gear Extend/Retract, a spoiler lever, and reverse thrust. I could do without the first two, but I think the latter is a necessity. The spoiler lever would also be pretty nice ;) The yoke is much less important to me, but it would be nice to have.

*Reasonably priced: Maybe in the <$300 range?

However, even if you don't find anything in the range I'm looking for, that's alright, please post it, remember I'm only looking for a yoke and throttle for a simulation of an airliner. Sorry if this comes up on a weekly basis, when I searched it, I didn't find anything useful really. For all I know there isn't a major market for this stuff... I don't really know.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The best ones in the <$300 range are the Saitek IMHO. They look more GA in the pics, but you can change the knobs around to create an airliner-type throttle. I have them, and they're fantastic. The yoke works fantastically with airliners too. 

I have a PFC Beech Yoke for sale if you are interested. Less then 1 year old, with hall effect sensors. Excellent condition. 

I agree with Kevin. I have the Saitek Proflight Yoke with an extra throttle unit and the rudder pedals. Having the extra throttle unit gives you six axis and with a copy of FSUIPC it's very easy to have a setup to cover most needs and a configuration that is loaded when a certain plane is chosen. I have the Saitek Switchpanel also which has a gear lever, but I usually use my GoFlight unit for that purpose.

If you want a throttle or yoke unit that looks like the real thing, they are waaay more expensive.

For example, I have when  flying:

two engined jet:

axis 1: spoiler,

axis 2 and 3:  throttle,

axis 4 and 5: reverse

axis 6: flaps

Four engined jet:

axis 1: spoiler
axis 2-5: throttle

Reverse is assgned to the detent position on axis 2-5. Each axis has a detent position that works as a button and in FSUIPC it's easy to make it work as reverse albeit only in either on or off position.

Three engined jet:

axis 1: spoiler

axis 2-4: throttle

axis 5: reverse (for all engines)

Under each lever there is also a two position button that can be useful. The button under first axis I have assigned as a TOGA-switch and under the throttle axis I have them as fuel on/cut off. The one under the last axis is my parking brake-button.

Email me privately and I'll show you the throttle that I'll be marketing soon, anyday now. It will be sold as an unpainted kit with several options at a very attractive price. It comes with 4 axis and 12 buttons. Currently, it's set up for spoiler, two throttles, and flaps. In the future,it will be set up for a number of different configurations.

tony

So it seems that the saitek setup is common. Given its price and all thats probably what i would get. Are you all using registered FSUIPC? i still don't have it haha. If i get it would some of you be able to help me set it up?

If anyone does know where to get a throttle airliner style let me know.

How exactly do you set up reverse thrust on the saitek controller if the aircraft has two engines? There is only one decrease quickly option available so how do you guys do it?