Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zesty42

FSX A Fatal Error Occurred

I recently posted a topic yesterday about FSX Keeps Crashing. It seems that problem has been resolved... for one day! I start up Free Flight and it loads the airplane, but then freezes and says A Fatal Error Occurred! Its frustrating! I was happy yesterday, it was working just fine! Whats wrong?? Thank You

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am having the same problem but have not been able to resolve it either. I am hoping someone responds to my post for it.   "Fatal Error" would pop up just a few minutes when I use free flight.

Get this app called "Appcrashview". After an FSX Crash..dobule click the appcrashview and see at what DLL it crashed.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/app_crash_view.html

if it repeatedly crashes at a particular DLL, then you know that addon is suspect. But rarely it gives a false indication.. Meaning.. I sometimes get GFdev.dll or something..But my Goflight modules has been rock steady for more than 2 years and I have not updated it... and yes the GF module is where is crashes but I suspect its some recent addon that I installed that is causing. re installing GF doesn't solve it for me.

I loaded the Appcrashview, but it gives a long list and I cannot tell what the problem would be.  I only attached the first half of the beginning.