Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jim Young

MegaSceneryEarth_V2 Nevada is Out

Just downloaded and beginning the install of MSE Nevada.  Just ran into a couple of problems with the downloads.  I downloaded Setup 012 and 015 but I got an Invalid File error when trying to extract the setup programs.  So I redownloaded 012 and my downloader stated I was downloading Nevada Setup 015.  When it completed and I extracted the file, the file stated it was Setup 012.  So I simply renamed the compressed file Nevada_Setup_015 to 012, then downloaded the 015 file again.  This time both files extracted okay and I was able to install then.  But I also ran into a problem with Nevada_Setup_021 as that file gave me a Invalid file error when I clicked on it.  I redownloaded it a couple of times and still got the same error so sent a report to MegaScenery support.  Meanwhile I can still install all the other files.  I'm anxious to find out how it fits in with FS Dreamteam's KLAS.

Just thought I would pass this info on in the event others are having issues.  Like the previous States where there were errors, the folks at MSE were quick to fix the problems.

Best regards,

Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I just flew a route from KLAX to KLAS and the missing scenery is at the edge of SoCal and goes almost to Vegas but all of Vegas and the area around it is there and it looks stunning.  FSDT KLAS fits perfectly from the initial views.  IMHO, this MSE V2 stuff is awesome!  Oh, okay, here's one pic....

lxVZt.jpg

Best regards,

Jim

An hour north of Vegas off US 95 is what I am really interested in hehe. Hope they don't launch a drone on my Cessna lololol area 51

From the marketing screenshots I saw many of the areas looked "blue" or blue shadowing.  How does Lake Mead look like?  I suspect the same sub-par water-masking?  I'm not sure where MSE got the idea that water gets darker as it gets more shallow?