Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

New 737Max Flight Deck Pic

This picture pops up every year when the Paris or Farnborough Airshow is on....

This device was built by Flightdeck Solutions for GE Avionics to be used for promoting their "Glass Upgrade" program.

They wanted a blend of things so you can see a lot of 737, A320 (sidesticks), 787 Throttles....

Operators of the 737 3/4/500 would be serious candidates for this upgrade.

Nice to see they are using the device again this year.

Peter Cos (FDS)

I'm a real Luddite. IMHO, the best avionics suite for the 737 was the EFIS Classic (except for the EIS, that was pretty lousy). The NG screens can provide too much distracting, attention sucking and non-essential information with an irregular visual scan pattern depending on what is selected. The Classic was an excellent blend of analogue with the benefits of EFIS, with a standard six pack scan for the most part. The best 737 I ever flew was a 400 EFIS with 200 engine instruments. The MAX configuration looks like just more visual noise :(

This picture pops up every year when the Paris or Farnborough Airshow is on....

This device was built by Flightdeck Solutions for GE Avionics to be used for promoting their "Glass Upgrade" program.

They wanted a blend of things so you can see a lot of 737, A320 (sidesticks), 787 Throttles....

Operators of the 737 3/4/500 would be serious candidates for this upgrade.

Nice to see they are using the device again this year.

Peter Cos (FDS)

I was getting ready to post this, if you look at the photo page of that picture it's in a set from 2010. I remember Southwest was supposed to be getting this on their -300s but last I heard they decided to just accelerate the Classics' retirement. 

Steve Caffey

The NG screens can provide too much distracting, attention sucking and non-essential information with an irregular visual scan pattern depending on what is selected
I can't imagine someone actually using all that info. I like the simplified displays that are more in line with the CL.

Matt Cee