Sign in to follow this  
LRW

Takeoff Ref - V1 = Vr

After the whole thing imploded- it has been interesting to watch folks who really enjoyed working for ACA find that larger, more established airlines lack the enthusiasm and fun we had at our little airline.

Yep.  That's definitely the truth.

Kyle Rodgers

Did it still have the Independence Air sign on it? That thing was up for years after we closed up shop. Despite living only a few minutes away, I haven't been back over by the old building in a while.

Oddly enough, I let my friend borrow my wands and part of my old rampie uniform for Halloween last year and just picked it up from her today. The bag I gave her still has the RF100s, some unopened ear plugs and a commemorative RJ pin of some sort. Crazy...

Ya there are still signs up... Some ACA and some Independence Air. I still have some Indy Air swag myself, stickers etc etc.

IAD is also a very different place then what I knew back then!

Walter-

You missed some good times. ACA was a great little company to work for. I moved over from the Big Bad Partner Airline with some misgivings- but found the place to be staffed with a ton of folks who were really passionate about making things run.

After the whole thing imploded- it has been interesting to watch folks who really enjoyed working for ACA find that larger, more established airlines lack the enthusiasm and fun we had at our little airline.

Just goes to show- bigger isn't always better!

So- yeah- we'll have to make associate memberships available. :lol:

So true... After moving on myself to a couple of other airlines you see just how great a time we had there... Flying big airplanes is fun, but give me my apartment at the Dulles Greene back and the old days on the 41 and ill sign up tmrw :P

Paul

IAD is also a very different place then what I knew back then!

Very true.  I took a break after ACA/IDE, and then came back to work with UAX on a contract for ground handling.  Not only was the op a mess, but so much had changed in the airport, too.  The A gates were kind of turned into a dump after IDE left, though the food selection improved over time..

I always remember having to remove my shoes every day a couple years ago at the TSA checkpoint thinking:

"...when I was here with IDE, I showed someone my badge, walked up to a door, and just swiped in."

The new(er) underground rail system isn't half bad, though.  That came in right as I was leaving the UAX op.

Kyle Rodgers