Sign in to follow this  
Jettrader

Alternative Aural Alerts

Hi guys,

after watching some Cockpit-Videos on YouTube, I was wondering if there are some alternative (high-quality) call-outs available for the PMDG MD-11. You can hear the different voice on some MD-11s as well as on all B717s. (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EQ9-m-nuPI)

If anyone knows if those files are available - let me know!

Regards

Johann 

I was wondering if there are some alternative (high-quality) call-outs available for the PMDG MD-11.

The callouts in the MD-11 are what you would hear in the real MD-11. I'm not sure if there are any other soundsets out there.

You can hear the different voice on some MD-11s as well as on all B717s

I think Boeing had someone else voice the callouts in the 717. The 717 design started in 1998 and McDonnell Douglas was purchased/merged by/with BCA.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

It's dependent on who is used for the manufacturer of the GPWS - somewhat like how the NGX has both Honeywell and Collins MCPs (and the ability to select which callouts are heard).

Here's a quick article about the various voices used in the industry.  The video shows a few of the people with some of them demonstrating their voicing:

http://www.aopa.org/News-and-Video/All-News/2013/June/5/The-people-behind-the-voices-in-your-cockpit

I'm sure you could find a sound pack out there for whatever other equipment is out there (make sure to back up the original).

Kyle Rodgers

Heh nice video :)

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Johann,

just to set this straight, the MD-11 only ever had and has this one female voice you hear in the PMDG software (speaking of altitude callouts and stab. motion now), there has never been a different voice.

Problem is the video you linked on youtube. That aircraft is actually an MD-10, the title is obviously wrong. And the MD-10 does have a different voice for these callouts than the MD-11 has.

So no, no different voices for the MD-11, it only ever had one.

Cheers,

Markus

Markus Burkhard

Problem is the video you linked on youtube. That aircraft is actually an MD-10, the title is obviously wrong. And the MD-10 does have a different voice for these callouts than the MD-11 has.

Nifty.  Thanks for that!

Kyle Rodgers

Johann,

just to set this straight, the MD-11 only ever had and has this one female voice you hear in the PMDG software (speaking of altitude callouts and stab. motion now), there has never been a different voice.

So no, no different voices for the MD-11, it only ever had one.

Cheers,

Markus

Thanks for the clarification - didn't know that :)

I never heard Boeing equiped some DC-10 with glass cockpit. Interesting, learn something new every day.

Neither did I!

But after doing some further research it appears soon after Boeing merged with MD in the '90s they started an upgrade program for the DC-10's, adding such improvements as a glass cockpit, and then rebranding the aircraft the MD-10.

it appears soon after Boeing merged with MD in the '90s they started an upgrade program for the DC-10's, adding such improvements as a glass cockpit, and then rebranding the aircraft the MD-10.

The MD-10 is a complete rework concerning the avionics. The avionics used on the M10 is actually from the 717 but allows the M10 pilots and M11 pilots to interchange between the two birds. The company that did the work is Aero Navali on behalf of Boeing.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg