Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Black Box Simulations

Thanks Alex, got the A320 manuals finished work now for three weeks going home with plenty of time to get a little closer with the 330, thanks again.

Cheers Rod.

HansRoaming, on 10 Jul 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

As someone who really enjoys the Simcheck A300B4, how does the A330 compare please?

captjames, on 10 Jul 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

Ahh I bet you're looking forward to the FMC update next month!

Anyway I have both and the 330 is about the same level of realism and systems.

What???? .......... Sorry, I have to disagree heavily with that. They are nowhere near eachother in terms of quality, in the current version. The Simcheck (which I flew for 6 months solid in 2010) has that 'magical' immersion factor, beautiful immersive sounds, refined systems and everything works as it should. Thw BBS A330 has tinny, cheap sounding audio (especially switches etc), systems that are not working correctly or to a refined level yet (eg.. AP) and is nowhere near as complete or 'finished' (yet) as the Simcheck.

The Simcheck comes with many utilities, and has full keyboard/button assignment for almost all controls (even custom functions, like some AP modes), whereas the BBS has to be flown fully with mouse clicks .......... I could go on, but I think I've made the point!

Seriously, they couldn't be more different (and not just in Type!)

@HansRoaming , I own both (BBS A330 and Simcheck A300) and the BBS is really nothing like the awesome Simcheck, as a product.

I am pretty sure Aerosoft released a post that said that the plane was not completely developed, and oh well....because they never promised a fully functional airbus. So, when you stand here and talk about Aerosoft...I absolutely love the model and feel of the plane. But, how good can you make a plane that isn't completely functional?

That is all.

Signature2.png

I have been following this one for a while and I guess I will wait. I enjoy the Airbus X Extended and it is great value for the money and a very well developed package. I'm a fan of the A330 and the Wilco was junk so this one is long overdue..... although I am still tempted to just pick this one up.

LW

I bought the A330 because I wanted a longhaul airbus in my collection.  As some of the previous comments go, they are accurate.  The VC textures are not up to the photo real level of the aerosoft A320 product.  The exterior model is very nice.  Definitely a work in progress (I hope!) and I now regret buying an unfinished product, because there are no gaurantees on what the finished product will be, or when it will be. 

I fly the A320 for a living and I noticed some immediate deficiencies in the MCDU and the ND.  For instance, when you select the DIR button and LSK the waypoint you wish to fly to, the page closes without giving you the option of verification or erasing your selection.  Also, on the ND (nav display screen, the green route line extends beyond the compass azimuth on the top of the screen as well as beyond the tail of the virtual aircraft on the bottom of the screen.  These are pretty big gaffs.  There are also no descent point indicators (a short horizontal line with a downward arrow) displayed indicating that you need to begin your descent to meet a crossing restriction, nor is there an indication of where you will level off in a climb.  These are very important indicators.  Also, the magenta ball (which we refer to as the speed bump) is missing as well.  All I can hope is that these items are forthcoming. 

This is an adequate sim if you just want a basic experience of flying the 330.  However, if you are looking for a level of realism that the aerosoft product offers, I would not recommend it, especially at the current price point.