Sign in to follow this  
doublebubble

Black Box Simulations

I have the A330 and enjoy it a lot.  

The cockpit is really good, but just not the best of today's standards.

Some of the systems, like ADIRU, are not functional, but enough systems work to have the good Airbus experience on a normal and stable flight between city pairs.

It's common knowledge that it is a work in progress, but it is very nice to fly. It has been worth the money for me, because I fly it a lot.

Im sorry to say this like this, but the corn on my big toe is worth more than the BBS a330. I looked at all the youtube videos and read all the reviews i could find, but nothing prepared me for the aggressive/abrupt behavior of the autopilot and other things.

Any idea if they have fixed the random roll problem with the A330 (plane panking from left to right and back for no apparent reason)?

Because of that I went back to Wilco A330, I don't know if I should now return to BBS A330 or just wait for Aerosoft one. To me it doesn't seem like BBS has got the fly by wire and autopilot behavior done properly yet,. 

They're working on it now, but 0.76 is much better than the previous version regarding that matter.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I use their A330 and 320, and I am not the greatest fan of them. My main problems are with the look of the exterior models which I feel do not meet the standards of 2013 gaming, with excellent exterior models like the Aerosoft Airbus A320. The VC systems are pretty good...for the most part. ANother complaint I have, though, is though BBS has done many paints, there is a lot of paints missing for some of the biggest airlines and Airbus users.

Bottom line, if you really like Airbus and are willing to spend a little bit of time to learn how BBS VC's function, go for it by all means!

Signature2.png

Check post #4.If you're willing to put up with all that and you can afford to risk all those euros why not.

I bought the BBS A330 at v0.6 and whilst it's ok in some areas, the jerky unpredictable AP behaviour is offputting, as is the general lower quality of things like sound ambience etc.

My advice would be not to buy the BBS at anything below v1.0.

"OK" guys, mixed feelings I see as I certainly don't want to fall into the trap as i did with the **777 (DUMPED IT) as one would say, but I feel there just isn't a decent 330 out there so the waiting game continues. Thanks for the input.

Cheers Rod.

Sorry but you dont buy it so how you can say quality is not great at all LOL...

746bab7d82a28f03e8e7d07583c2b538.jpg

VS.

airbus-extended-48.jpg

Easy choice......

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

As flashy & as beautiful looking Aerosoft's models look like they still don't have the same system simulation the BBS A320 & A330 include and Aerosoft made it well known that they are not aiming to make a fully functional plane. BBS on the other hand have set their goals on that type of simulation. They may sell their products in a similar fashion to Captain Sim but some things that are different between the two is that...

1. They constantly push out updates.

2. The support they provide is outstanding.

3. They listen to every single customers concerns and needs along with taking our opinions into account. (The reasonable ones atleast).

4. Both the A320 & A330 is fully flyable at the moment with nearly zero issues on most systems.

5. If there was somehow an issue you can guarantee they will help you to fix it.

6. These guys have a future that looks bright.

7. Major overhauls of both BBS (A320 & A330) models are coming out in the very near future.

8. The progress a 2 man team (BBS) made in a few months compared to a team like Aerosoft (with its extensive resources, reputation, & background) is kinda outstanding. 
9. They also have some good references, (They were called PSS at one time in the past)

All in all, don't necessarily take what some of the people on this forum are saying seriously without doing your own resource. I have both planes and while I do enjoy them both I truly believe the BBS provides a better simulation and value compared to the Aerosoft Airbus X. I honestly could have not thought of a better company to spend my money on for an Airbus Simulation. But of course people will still go with what they know... sometimes its better to go and try something different because you might be surprised. [little story] I was going to buy OPUS but shortly before my purchase I heard about FS Global Real Weather. I had no idea what it was like compared to the award winning OPUS weather engine but I decided to try both demos and decide from there. Well it was still really hard to decide but I decided to go against the current and buy FSGlobal Real Weather. I honestly can say I don't regret it.

VS.

airbus-extended-48.jpg

Easy choice......

Maybe my monitor is bad but I don't see either much better than the other. Doesn't help that the pics are not the same shot.

Maybe my monitor is bad but I don't see either much better than the other. Doesn't help that the pics are not the same shot.

You must be kidding right? 

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

You must be kidding right? 

Not at all. Make an apples to apples comparison, then I(we all) can judge fairly.

• Upvote 1

VS.

airbus-extended-48.jpg

Easy choice......

Argh, you are really into the look then fair enough. you could say something like, this does not look as good as that. But jump in and say this is just no quality at all even you do not own it is I think it is not a fair and is a misleading statement. 

"OK" guys, mixed feelings I see as I certainly don't want to fall into the trap as i did with the **777 (DUMPED IT) as one would say, but I feel there just isn't a decent 330 out there so the waiting game continues. Thanks for the input.

Cheers Rod.

An Aerosoft A330 will be released after their A318/319 development - with more features than their current A320/321.

While waiting for the "final" Aerosoft Airbus feature list, BBS continue their work-in-progress.

The waiting stance doesn't look all that bad - let the two parties continue their WIP and make a better-founded decision somewhere in the future ...

• Upvote 1