Sign in to follow this  
lmlopes

FSX and Windows 8. Is it worth it?

Do you guys notice any changes in performance by using Win instead of Win 7?

Thanks.

I just recently bought a new asus labtop to keep around for general use and it came with w8. I tried it out for about a week and it doesn't belong on a computer but rather your phone. I got so fed up with it lol I could have swore that labtop almost went out my window. I got on newegg and bought a new W7 64 and been smooth sailing ever since. IMHO I would stay with W7 for now.

Hunter Rogers

Hello,

I am running W8 on my main PC since December. Most of the "new" stuff in it is totally unnecessary on a PC, I agree, but once you are on the "classical" desktop, it is exactly the same as W7 (and with some learning, the global search replacing the Start Button/Menu is faster to use).

About FSX : I saw absolutely no difference running W7 or W8. And same conclusion for all the PC games I use on the same PC. So you will see no advantage nor constraints to use FSX on W8.

It works very well with fsx, and the OS as whole isn´t that bad either. Those who have a hard time learning W8 obviously didn´t care to learn, my littlebrother knew how it worked after a week or so.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I wouldn't advise upgrading to Win8 from Win7 if you've got a functional FSX environment; but I've found no harm in running FSX on Win8 in a completely fresh install, except for having to play the Security Puzzle Game with MS when installing anything.

The one thing I never wanted to be in my life was an Administrator; oh well.

I'm running for some days FSX on Win8 but I get then and when:

"FSX has stopped, you will be notified when a solution appears"

or alike. I've never had such on Vista. I also never use the new desktop icons. It's to silly but better than crappy Vista anyway.