Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

threegreen

How to engage N1 on takeoff roll

I may seem like a total rookie due to my question but I can assure I'm not at all :lol:

I've never used any automatic mode on takeoff so far but on my last flight I wanted to use that N1 autothrottle mode on takeoff roll. However, upon pressing that button (with autothrottle armed of course) nothing happened and I'm now wondering how to use that N1 thingy?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There's a black button on the throttle quadrant, between the main throttle and reversers which will engage TOGA, or there is a keyboard shortcut. Cannot remember it off the top of my head though but I'm sure someone else will know it!

there's also a click spot on the mcp to engage TOGA somewhere near the n1 button. i think n1 is used for climbs etc

I've highlighted the black buttons here with the red hollow arrows!

If you're in virtual cockpit, have a look at the area just below and left of the captain's side Course knob. You will see the mouse pointer change, and this is the TO/GA hotspot. Click here with autothrottle armed and you'll be soon on your way.

If you're in virtual cockpit, have a look at the area just below and left of the captain's side Course knob. You will see the mouse pointer change, and this is the TO/GA hotspot. Click here with autothrottle armed and you'll be soon on your way.

hmmm i didn't know this. I guess I do now  :lol: