Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Ultimate Traffic 2, no recent flights for 2013?

I have UT2 with the Summer 2012 schedule. Are there any more recent schedules available for this traffic add on? Sucks that I only can see AI traffic in the summer months only of year 2012. I'd like to fly during winter as well but haven't seen a recent add-on package for other seasons lately.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Even thought its a summer schedule the traffic still works all year long. AI traffic programs can only differenciate the days of the week and hours of the day, not what season it is.

If your still not sure set FSX to winter and your AI will still be there and flying.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

They released a free winter 2012 schedule. It's on their forum.

All the season means is when the schedule was updated/created. They could have numbered them or lettered them and they would still all work the same way.

You can download new timezone files from their forums, with which you will at least be able to select a date in 2013 and 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well how come I never see any AI planes at the airport when I have the date set to any month/day in 2013, but when I select 2012 and and a summer month like July or August, only then will I see AI planes being populated at the airport with traffic all around.

I have the summer 2012 schedule add-on.

What are these timezone files you speak of?

I got the fall/winter 2012, thanks for the info.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Just an idea, Check what your target frame rate settings on UT2 are set too. that could be set too high and you are therefor getting a loss in traffic density.

Well under UT2 settings it says:

Target FSX frame rate OFF

Max altitude ground aircraft visible = 18000 ft

Distance to spawn ground aircrafrt = 25nm

Maximum aircraft to spwan = 350 acft

These are the default settings and I've never touched these. In my FSX display settings I have it locked to 30FPS.

But nonetheless, this doesn't seem to be what my problem is.I do see AI traffic activity at the airports but only if I set the time and date that falls within the summer months of 2012. (july, august, etc). If it's set anything outside of that (ie: july 2013), I will still see AI planes at the airport, however there's no sign of any movement or activity at all.

What are these timezone files you speak of?

Log into the UT2 support forum, select search, then the "Show Topics" radio button in the Forum Search dialog, search for "Timezone issue....".  The link to the timezone file will be there.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

airernie, thanks so much. So this is actually a bug then? Great! :)

No. FS doesn't care about the year. Set FSX to 2525 and all AI traffic will work fine.

Like JImburke and Jim Skorna said, UT2 traffic works the same no matter what year or season you set FSX to. The reason the schedules are called Summer 2012 or Winter 2013 is because that was the capture season they based all the flight scheduling on. I've been using UT2 since it came out years ago and was using the original schedule that it came with for years and had the same amount of traffic whether it was spring, summer, fall, or winter and it doesn't matter what year your flying in.

There is no bug, the only thing that could be wrong is that somehow your UT2 install is hosed, you have AFCAD issues at the airports you tested at and there weren't enough parking spaces or correct sizes for the traffic to spawn properly, or you have a combination of settings messed up. If your testing at default airports they usually dont have ample parking spaces and/or correct size parking spots. If your traffic is trying to spawn 25 737's and 10 767's but you only have 15 parking spaces that are the correct size to fit those a/c, the 20 other a/c wont spawn.

If you're having issues you should ask for support at the simforums UT2 forum and get help. The problem your having I have never experience myself or heard of anyone else having. If the traffic would only work during the season of the schedule you purchased and then wouldn't work after that, I doubt many people would have purchased the program in the first place if they had to keep on buying schedules to make it keep working for each season or year.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Hi, The Timezone files just make sure that the flight times compensate for DST, etc.  The planes with fly with, or without it.

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem