n454mw

F33 Fuel Selector

Hi, I just started flying the 33 Bonanza again and I've got a question.  Does the fuel selector in the real plane really behave like it does in the sim, where when switching tanks you have to go through the off position?  I noticed that the graphics on the selector show that it can be selected otherwise.

So if the real thing isn't like what is modeled I was thinking I might try to look at the xml and see if something could be done about it, if it is a xml gauge, does anyone know where this xml might be located?

Thanks Mark :Idea:

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have a similar question. Does the F33A-V35 have crossfeed fuel drain or does one have to change tanks during flight every hour to maintain symmetry??  

On 7/17/2013 at 6:37 PM, n454mw said:

Hi, I just started flying the 33 Bonanza again and I've got a question.  Does the fuel selector in the real plane really behave like it does in the sim, where when switching tanks you have to go through the off position?  I noticed that the graphics on the selector show that it can be selected otherwise.

So if the real thing isn't like what is modeled I was thinking I might try to look at the xml and see if something could be done about it, if it is a xml gauge, does anyone know where this xml might be located?

Thanks Mark :Idea:

It is coded in the model..