Sign in to follow this  
riccardo74

Which is the best MESH scenery for fsx world?

Which is in your opinion the best and detailed mesh scenery for fsx world?

I own FS Global 2008 but over the italian Alps doesn't seem to be so deteailed. And sincerely I don't know is there is substancial difference from FSG2010 or Ultimate vs. 2008.

Honestly I must say my flight are only IFR so at high altitude I can't appreciate small differences but I'd like to know if there are other packages on the market or freeware ones that best suite for fsx world.

You opinion is very appreciated

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

www.fsgenesis.com

They have a lot of high resolution regional meshes and also worldwide 76m coverage for some areas that have poor resolution meshes by default (like most of Asia, Africa and South America).

Thanks a lot. But I think FS Global Ultimate is more detailed and cover all the world.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

@FSCamp:

Why Genesis, when Pilot´s have up to LOD13?

https://secure.simmarket.com/pilots-fsglobal-ultimate-europe_africa.phtml

https://secure.simmarket.com/pilots-fsglobal-ultimate-the-americas.phtml

Yes, insane size GB wise, and expensive, but it´s the best out there IMO.

OK, as long as you understand that 4.75m (LOD13) terrain mesh only has a little over 5 km maximum visual range. In other words only seen on the ground and at very low altitudes, and that the LOD13 coverage must be limited to availablility of 5m source data, as well as the enormous file sizes. So the percentage of total world coverage at LOD13 in FSGLobal is in the tiny decimals.

Stefan and I are not bitter rivals and I would never put his product down. We actually sat together on the bus out to the social gathering at the brewery in Seattle at the Microsoft Devcon 07 Conference. So the FSSGlobal v FSGenesis debate is really like debating the difference between yams and sweet potatoes. Outside of the US the products are vitually identical. FSGlobal doesn't have the whole 48 contiguous states covered in 10m, FSGenesis does. FSGlobal is distributed only on DVD, FSGenesis has download options.

Other than that, not much difference actually. So most of the differences come down to price, marketing, and distribution methods.

Justin - Toposim

http://www.toposim.net

Thanks Justin, good info, but are you stable now with your "niche product" ?

Remember some years ago that you needed more finance to operate, how you doing in 2013?

I believe this is your only income, making mesh for FSX, risky business IMO!

Thanks Justin, good info, but are you stable now with your "niche product" ?

Remember some years ago that you needed more finance to operate, how you doing in 2013?

I believe this is your only income, making mesh for FSX, risky business IMO!

I no longer own or manage FSGenesis, but still have an interest and consulting role. But someone else is running the business, freeing me up to simplify my life and be just a developer. My two oldest are now out of the nest, so I have downsized considerably, divested most of my "stuff" and consolidated everything down to a couple of suitcases and two laptops, and heading for the western mountains soon. So, still hard to make a decent income, but at least my expenses are a lot less now that I'm living simple.

I'll be completing the world-wide 19m NEXTMap World Terrain Mesh over the next several months, and if that develops sufficient residual income, I'll probably retire from development and settle into writing.

That said, my new gig is Toposim, and I'll be doing small micro-projects fixing airport plateaus and such, concurrently with the NEXTMap production.

So, transiting from complicated and high overhead to simple and low-overhead, and with it more peace of mind and simple pleasures . . .

Justin - Toposim

Good luck Justin and best of luck with the new gig, looks like a useful service.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Good luck Justin and best of luck with the new gig, looks like a useful service.

Thanks Michael. Please spread the word, not much of an advertising budget these days, and the best advertisement is word-of-mouth anyway. :-)

Justin - Toposim

Nice to hear what you are doing Justin. I'll be buying some more worldwide FSGenesis after FTX-Global comes out.

Bookmarked Toposim. Looks like I will be adding another FSX-files supplier to my list. Nice!