Sign in to follow this  
Old_As_Dirt

Which C340 II?

Carenado has, within the last couple of weeks, produced a C340 II for X-Plane.

While I have flown FSX and its previous versions since back in the early 90s and others before that, I have just about exclusively moved over to X-Plane because of their efforts to continually improve the experience.

Many of the posts here ask about things that apparently are FSX problems (like CTDs which don't occur with X-Plane 64bit) and it appears to me that the X-Plane environment has corrected these problems.  I still go back, occasionally, to FSX and it has served me well for many years so I don't mean to be talking it down - just stating a fact.  In fact, I fly Flight and P3D some, but find the X-Plane people more "in tune" with their product.

It would be nice, I think, if there were a separate C340 II forum - dedicated to X-Plane and I wouldn't have to sort out this confusing problem.

It has taken me a while to master the C340s unique stability issues, but really do enjoy the challenges it presents.  I fly with the Saitek Yoke  and two throttle quadrants which give me seperate control over both engines and, with X-Plane, really shows how slight differentials in throttle or prop settings will cause (or correct) many problems.  Coupled with pedals, you really feel like you are there.

I know there are those who might disagree with my observations, but I still would like to see a way to differentiate the platforms as it is confusing to read about a problem only to realize that it doesn't apply.

John

• Upvote 2

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Just the fact that some people get a CTD in FSX doesn't mean that you can conclude that it's an FSX or C340 issue. It might as well have been caused by another third party add-on.

John is right. I just bought the X-Plane version and am trying to find out if anyone else has information on a few small problems I'm having. It would be very nice either to have a separate forum for the X-Plane version or at least have a way to filter this forum for the X-Plane posts. Right now, it looks like most of the posts here are for the FS version, but if posts on the X-Plane model begin to increase, it would be nice to be able to find them easily.

I suppose as people read this post that more people may preface their topic with X-Plane or FS. I know that I will in the future.

N

I agree XP and FS or FS9/FSX would help. There are differences in both systems configuration files/ aircraft files and other anomalies, so technical issues /bugs can be very unique to sim platform.

My .02 adjusted for inflation.

I am flying the 340 in XP 10 w/ a few others (C-90, C-208 and SAAB 340 at some point), anytime you want to converse about the plane contact me. I have been flying jets for pretty much my entire flying hours and this GA/bush flying is a whole new experience for me. I know little of these smaller acrft.

There is, within the AVSIM forums, a X-Plane discussion group and there is a wealth of information there.

John