Sign in to follow this  
deemust

how realistic is 737NGX

I'm curious to know how realistic is 737NGX in flight behaviour, I just tested the plane by doing TO in various wrong configurations :

1. TO with no flaps deployed at all (though the VR are set either at flaps config of 5 deg or 10 deg) and I rotate the plane at VR

2. TO with wrong VR setting by fill in the wrong GW (below the actual GW) and I rotate at the  speed below the requirement VR speed (in other word I rotate the plane before the actual VR requirement)

3. TO with no flaps deployed and rotating the plane before VR

Surprisingly I TO smoothly at those wrong configuration

My other curious is how realistic actually PMDG simulates 737NGX in stall behaviour, is that just easy to recover the plane from a totally stall situation compared to the realworld counterpart ?

Suppose  you didnt hear  the take off  warning   sound  when you tried  to take off with the  wrong  settings,  if the  rwy is long  enough  i  gather  the 737  could take off with  no flaps  set  try  doing it  on a short  rwy and see how  you go

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Whether the take off warning sound was audible or not is irrelevant. The OP was referring to the aircraft's behaviour.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

As real as it gets!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!)  Honestly, nothing beats this one....

Forget realistic stall characteristics in FSX or the multi million dollar simulators you may get a chance to fly. Training is done for approach to stall, the data is not available to realistically replicate an airliner in a stall.

Regarding your test with the NGX, it seems a little crude and you haven't gone into details like ambient conditions, gross weight etc. As far as I am aware PMDG have accurately replicated the correct stall speeds and stick shaker speeds. Also remember you have a fairly large margin built into Vspeeds.

Rob Prest

More realistic than the default 737...

And less then the real thing