Sign in to follow this  
Cpt.Gee

Please help

Hey y'all, so I just did a clean re do on my computer and had everything uninstalled for a brief period of time. Prior to this everything has worked fine, I ran REX, numerous Add on aircraft (about fifty), add on scenery and everything was working fine.

However,

I just re installed fsx, acceleration, fsuipc 4.99 and all the necessities as I normally had before and then I got to my PMDG 737 I purchased in 2011. The instillation went fine however I noticed it never asked me for my activation codes this time, but I carried on assuming it would remember? And when I started flight sim it gave me an error saying it had an error in the PMDG/DLLs/sound area and fsx immideatly closes if I select "yes continue anyways". I don't even want to fly the pmdg I just want my flight sim back now please help!

Kevin Galloway

Wow well the forum here is almost as bad as PMDG. Thanks y'all see ya

You posted 48 minutes ago, what do you expect?

Well thats one way to get zero help - have fun flying! Oh wait...

If you expect help that fast then you will get NO HELP.

But whatever I'll give my two cents. 

After I uninstalled then reinstalled FSX and all of its addons, I was never asked for PMDG Activation Codes, and I was also not having crashes like you.

You could try-

Oh, drat, seems I'm not fast enough.

lool!

im speachless..48 mins pass with no reply so the OP throws his dummy out the pram...loool ha!

While I will provide assistance later in this post, I have to at least give you a really hard time for a statement such as this.  It's quite honestly petulant, impatient, and shows a complete disrespect for the volunteer nature of this forum.  None of us are getting paid to help you, so this attitude is quite honestly inexcusable.

Alas, because I'm stubborn, and because I feel that you might see the error in your ways if you're helped, some help is below.  I will warn you - on a personal level, and not on a moderator level - that if any of this is met with anything less than complete neutrality, I'm out.  Any negative comment and I'm leaving you to your own devices and you can hope for someone else to come along.

That may come across as arrogant, but I believe that if you're old enough to post on a forum, you possess the ability to act mature.  I can't stand petulance.  There's a reason I don't have kids.

Hey y'all, so I just did a clean re do on my computer and had everything uninstalled for a brief period of time. Prior to this everything has worked fine, I ran REX, numerous Add on aircraft (about fifty), add on scenery and everything was working fine.

Define "clean re do."  If you just uninstalled some programs and reinstalled them, you're in a world of hurt, because as I always tell people: uninstall/reinstall can do more harm than good.

If you're referring to completely reimaging your computer via an image partition, or the original operating system disks, then you shouldn't have these problems.

The instillation went fine however I noticed it never asked me for my activation codes this time, but I carried on assuming it would remember?

This leads me to believe you only uninstalled everything and reinstalled it, though I could be wrong.  Contrary to popular belief, an uninstall doesn't actually delete all traces of the former program.  This is why there's a knowledge base article on the PMDG Support Site that describes how to get rid of all traces of the NGX.

Additionally, if the installers were not run as an administrator, this could also cause issues.

Unfortunately, the two paths - uninstall/reinstall and reimage - are so different that I'm going to hold off until I hear what you actually did.  Based on your impatient reaction above, I'm unwilling to volunteer too much of my time to go down multiple avenues if it won't be appreciated.

Kyle Rodgers