Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OwenLim90

Use tools in FSX

By tools you mean?? 

As for hardware, I also use Saitek's rudder pedals, trim wheel, radio panel, switch panel, and multi panel. I would love to add their intrument panels to the mix,but at $150+ USD per, they are out of my price range.

As for software tools.. a bunch..

By tools you mean?? 

As for hardware, I also use Saitek's rudder pedals, trim wheel, radio panel, switch panel, and multi panel. I would love to add their intrument panels to the mix,but at $150+ USD per, they are out of my price range.

As for software tools.. a bunch..

Sorry for the inconvenience my mistake,I didn't make it clear enough.What I meant was such as Ultimate Rotating Plotter and Fiberboard E6-B flight computer?Can we use these in FSX?

Thanks for the clarification.. I'm sure that some users do use those. 

However, I would guess that most rely on software programs such as FlightSim Commander, FS Build, etc. to plan their flight.

Ernie

Hi hi,

Yesh, in FSX you can use most Aviation External Tools to FSX,

I mainly do VFR flights or VOR-VOR where possible,

And the old hand held computer comes in handy for that.

Using VFR scenery as well for home (UK)

The charts and plotting come in handy,

as do approach plates,

It depends how you want to fly really.

The only things I haven't found any use of yet are astro compasses and Sextants,

would be nice if somone could build those into FSX lol :)

Thanks for the clarification.. I'm sure that some users do use those. 

However, I would guess that most rely on software programs such as FlightSim Commander, FS Build, etc. to plan their flight.

Ernie

Not at all. It was my mistake.It sounds really good. I'll try to use it. Do you use FlightSim Commander or FS build plan to your flight?

Hi hi,

Yesh, in FSX you can use most Aviation External Tools to FSX,

I mainly do VFR flights or VOR-VOR where possible,

And the old hand held computer comes in handy for that.

Using VFR scenery as well for home (UK)

The charts and plotting come in handy,

as do approach plates,

It depends how you want to fly really.

The only things I haven't found any use of yet are astro compasses and Sextants,

would be nice if somone could build those into FSX lol :)

Hi,

Well. I'll fly Cessna,Boeing and Airbus. But I need have a charts and plotting to do my approach plates well. It seems very nice if I can be in fsx. Did you do as well ? VFR flights is still ok for me. But IFR flights confuse for me. :wacko:

I use VFR charts available from most aviation shops online,

And IFR plates & charts (Jeppesen & Aerad), a good supply is from ebay,

most are out of date, some newer, but good enough for FSX.

I use VFR charts available from most aviation shops online,

And IFR plates & charts (Jeppesen & Aerad), a good supply is from ebay,

most are out of date, some newer, but good enough for FSX.

But its depends on your flights. I like to fly boeing and Airbus. So I must to learn IFR. VFR flights doesn't have any help right if you flight boeing or airbus?I'm not very sure

That is correct,

VFR is always handy for those moments when needed,

but the IFR En-Route Charts , Ocean Plotting Charts, & Airport Approach Plates are more what you are after.

The Hand Held Computer is still usefull for quick checks.

And Rulers / Pattern Holding Templates still usefull too if you don't want to use the FMC for that,

or older Aircraft without an FMC.

All are optional for Flight Simulator though

But its depends on your flights. I like to fly boeing and Airbus. So I must to learn IFR. VFR flights doesn't have any help right if you flight boeing or airbus?I'm not very sure

Owen, why not get yourself one of those good old (printed) books that teach instrument flying and navigation? (Free online resources, like the FAA website, alternatively.)

And how ever you like to use your sim is completely up to you. There is no 'must' when it comes to your hobby!!!

That is correct,

VFR is always handy for those moments when needed,

but the IFR En-Route Charts , Ocean Plotting Charts, & Airport Approach Plates are more what you are after.

The Hand Held Computer is still usefull for quick checks.

And Rulers / Pattern Holding Templates still usefull too if you don't want to use the FMC for that,

or older Aircraft without an FMC.

All are optional for Flight Simulator though

Well.actually what types of aircraft did you use when you fly vfr and ifr? are you a real pilot or virtual? I'll use the FMC better for the boeing or airbus. I don't like any trouble on external tools.

Owen, why not get yourself one of those good old (printed) books that teach instrument flying and navigation? (Free online resources, like the FAA website, alternatively.)

And how ever you like to use your sim is completely up to you. There is no 'must' when it comes to your hobby!!!

Hi olli again, did you mean "microsoft flight simulator for pilots real world training" this book?

I'm afraid that in the virtual world we cannot use external tools likes Fiberboard E6-B flight computer and Ultimate Rotating Plotter ,etc.  So I need to make sure first

VFR - Cessna's, Piper's, C-130, Military Fighters, DC-3, DC-2

IFR - C-130, 727, early 737's, DC-9, 707

I'm Virtual Pilot at present, but worked my way through the Personal Pilots License Course materials, and going through the Commercial License training manuals.

I also collect manuals, now toting some 400+ electronic / real where ever possible.

VFR - Cessna's, Piper's, C-130, Military Fighters, DC-3, DC-2

IFR - C-130, 727, early 737's, DC-9, 707

I'm Virtual Pilot at present, but worked my way through the Personal Pilots License Course materials, and going through the Commercial License training manuals.

I also collect manuals, now toting some 400+ electronic / real where ever possible.

Oh. Did not fly airbus? you think will miss out if you learn 737 type rating and then you go for learn airbus a320 type rating?  Well. what did you mean by work your own way? what manuals do you collect?

Or, alternatively, something like this:

http://www.faa.gov/pilots/training/

I prefer handbooks not related to simming for the chance to buy more knowledge at a lower price.

Stuff like that can teach you about IFR and it will make your decision on the tools mentioned above a bit easier.

Oh. I prefer handbooks too. Can you recommend some books for me? what is simming? I'm wondering that we can use external tools in the virtual world. because it's for real world use I think.

Simming is flightsimming - using FSX for your hobby.

I tried to find the book I like at amazon.com before I posted, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Those FAA recommendations and resources may help, though.

Simming is flightsimming - using FSX for your hobby.

I tried to find the book I like at amazon.com before I posted, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Those FAA recommendations and resources may help, though.

oh. before you posted? what title? let me look around . ok. thanks. I will see it later. when you novice in fsx also go from FAA help?

By worked my way through, That meant working through each of the following real world books....

1.Flying Training,

2.Aviation Law & Meteorology,

3.Air Navigation,

4.The Aeroplane - Technical,

5.Radio Navigation,

6.Human Factors,

7.Radio Telephony,

Then Further Reading

Instrument Flying,

Multi-Engine Flying,

Commercial Instrument Flying,

FMC Manuals (The Majority are the same, with individual aicraft nuances),

Jeppesen Student Pilot Manual.

The Commercial Pilots Training Manuals are basically like above, but in much further detail.

I Haven't got into Airbus flying yet.

Manuals I collect range from 1920 onwards, Military & Civilian, it depends if I like the aircraft or not, and availability, Engine, Pilots, Engineer Manuals.

oh. before you posted? what title? let me look around . ok. thanks. I will see it later. when you novice in fsx also go from FAA help?

"Mastering instrument flying", by Henry Sollman & Sherwood Harris, McGraw-Hill, Practical flying series

I've went through a number of sources so far (in about 15 years of flightsimming):

- MSFS help/flying school

- printed books,

- addon aircraft manuals (from PMDG in particular)

- online sites: smartcockpit.com and many others, well ... AVSIM, obviously

- aviation DVDs

I think those Precision Manuals by a certain Development Group have helped me most so far.   :rolleyes:

By worked my way through, That meant working through each of the following real world books....

1.Flying Training,

2.Aviation Law & Meteorology,

3.Air Navigation,

4.The Aeroplane - Technical,

5.Radio Navigation,

6.Human Factors,

7.Radio Telephony,

Then Further Reading

Instrument Flying,

Multi-Engine Flying,

Commercial Instrument Flying,

FMC Manuals (The Majority are the same, with individual aicraft nuances),

Jeppesen Student Pilot Manual.

The Commercial Pilots Training Manuals are basically like above, but in much further detail.

I Haven't got into Airbus flying yet.

Manuals I collect range from 1920 onwards, Military & Civilian, it depends if I like the aircraft or not, and availability, Engine, Pilots, Engineer Manuals.

Well. but from my side I would recommend you direct go through the PPL,CPL and ATPL course is better. It will save time as well. It sounds nice. do you have boeing and airbus manuals?

The 7 books first listed there are the PPL training books.

The Commercial pilots books I mentioned, but not listed are the ATPL training books (15 I think it is).

I also have various pre & post WWII flying manuals, for the older styles of navigation, including use of sextants & Astro Compasses.

I do have both Boeing, and Airbus manuals , yes :)

"Mastering instrument flying", by Henry Sollman & Sherwood Harris, McGraw-Hill, Practical flying series

I've went through a number of sources so far (in about 15 years of flightsimming):

- MSFS help/flying school

- printed books,

- addon aircraft manuals (from PMDG in particular)

- online sites: smartcockpit.com and many others, well ... AVSIM, obviously

- aviation DVDs

I think those Precision Manuals by a certain Development Group have helped me most so far.   :rolleyes:

it's a very good book. I will let you know later once I found it. Well.flying school is virtual? what you can learn from aviation DVDs? what book do you use before? Can you share your experience to me? I'm hoping that you can as my flight instructor .lol :lol: I think so too. not only one. what types of aircrafts did you use in precision manuals?

The Commercial pilots books I mentioned, but not listed are the ATPL training books (15 I think it is).

I also have various pre & post WWII flying manuals, for the older styles of navigation, including use of sextants & Astro Compasses.

Oh, In the future you want to be a real world pilot?WOW. It was too old. but you still can keep it . Well.Can you send some of manuals to me ?I'm very appreciate it

If you don't mind could you please send to my e-mail?