Sign in to follow this  
maukro_1990

When did we get a paintkit for the PMDG 777? Will it be easy to use?

Hello everyone, 

i´m so happy that the famous T7 is really close to release. One of the first things i wanna do, after a test flight, is to create my own wish livery. Here´s the question: 

When did we get the paintkit? Will it be easy to use? I just loved the paintkit of the PMDG 747. It was very ease. The paintkit of the NGX was nice, but a little bit more complex. Yes, i have got photoshop, so i´m able to use complex paintkits, but i´m afraid that i cant create my own liveries, because the repaintkit is too complex!

It would be awesome if someone could give me an answer!

Hi there, I'm a fellow repainter. If it is as complex as the NGX (Is actually easy as) we will be fine ;)

Hi! Thank you for this answer. If i got heavy problems with this paintkit, maybe you can create my wish repaint for my virtual airline^^?! hehe... it would be awesome 

Please make it Corel Paint Shop Pro compatible!!! The NGX one is not (even though the NGX site says it is).

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Captains

Paint kit availability - Yes, as usual.

When - Sometime after release, as usual.

Easy to use -For beginners, no.  Artwork alignment at the forward end and across the top of the fuse can be challenging as well as some tail-to-fuse artwork.  

Compatibility to Corel -  I use Photoshop exclusively and don't have Corel so I can't comment on it.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Captains

Paint kit availability - Yes, as usual.

When - Sometime after release, as usual.

Easy to use -For beginners, no.  Artwork alignment at the forward end and across the top of the fuse can be challenging as well as some tail-to-fuse artwork.  

Compatibility to Corel -  I use Photoshop exclusively and don't have Corel so I can't comment on it.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Thank you for this answer!

Well, is this paintkit harder to use like the paintkit for the ngx?

That depends on what do you consider as a hard to use paintkit? Multiple sections? 4 side mapping (left, right, top and bottom of fuselage)? Alpha channel? 

The NGX paintkit is one of the most user friendly I ever saw. You should really see some complex paintkits to start to appreciate  NGX one.

In some respects the paint kit is easier than the NGX kit but harder in others.  For instance, you don't have to deal with night lighting with this kit.  

Jason has pushed the technology with the external model of the PMDG 777 which has made life both easier and harder for me  :Nail Biting:

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

> Please make it Corel Paint Shop Pro compatible!!! The NGX one is not (even though the NGX site says it is).

CaptKornDog

PLEASE PLEASE make it Corel compatible. I also have been unable to create any thing with the NGX paint kit, and it has been really disappointing as I spend much more time tinkering with (including painting) planes that I buy than I do flying them.

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Compatibility to Corel - I use Photoshop exclusively and don't have Corel so I can't comment on it.

Pete Mac Paint

PMDG Graphic Designer

Disappointing to hear. I, too, have been left in the dust and not able to contribute any NGX repaints (as much as I have wanted to).

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM