Sign in to follow this  
Azapata87

Catastrophic Crashes

Guest photon

I don't know about anyone else here but I long for the day when if I make a mistake in my aircraft it blows up in a huge exploding fireball. I think it really cheapens the experience that when I do botch a landing I am greeted with text that says "you crashed" along with a visual of my completely intact plane sticking half in the ground. I want to feel as if there is really something at stake if I make that fatal error.

Not totally Edam? Edam from PCGamer forums btw :)if you look in the aircraft.cfg file for each plane there is a line which say "enable visible damage" or something like that. Set that to 1 and it get

Guest photon

Why does this seem to be such a forbidden topic?

Guest photon

It's a fact of life....planes crash and go boom!

Guest Edam

>Not totally Edam? Edam from PCGamer forums btw :)I'm not a member of PCGamer forums.Yes, I'm aware of "enable visual damage," but this guy wants fireballs, etc.

Funny do Edam actually mean something? Find it odd two having that user name :)

I agree, buy a combat sim and you'll get as many fireballs as you can handle.Here your ego as a pilot is at stake... :-)

Bert

Guest Edam

>Funny do Edam actually mean something? Find it odd two having>that user name :)Edam is a Dutch cheese, although that is not what I took my handle from.You'd be amazed at how many people use that name. It's especially apparent when signing up for something. Yahoo, AIM, MSN Messenger, etc. I usually have to put a number after it.

Guest Slacktide

>I don't know about anyone else here but I long for the day>when if I make a mistake in my aircraft it blows up in a huge>exploding fireball. I think it really cheapens the experience>that when I do botch a landing I am greeted with text that>says "you crashed" along with a visual of my completely intact>plane sticking half in the ground. I want to feel as if there>is really something at stake if I make that fatal error.Search for "Massive Crash" in the Avsim Library.http://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=root&Go=SearchDan

why is there a need for ultra realistic crash visuals in fs2004? I dont see it. Seeing an airliner rip apart in fs2004 isint particularly exciting if anything it makes me angry when I have an accident. Especially when I think of all the time I wasted preparing for the flight or inflight. Crashing after a 4 hour flight is no fun. Having a great landing after a 4 hour flight is fun ;-)Andrew