Sign in to follow this  
GHarrall

Nonsense about "no turbulence in opus" in fsx forum?

The aircraft's turbulent motions, as it clearly states in the manual and even in the dialog itself, depend on the DHM recorded 3D accelerometer data. So you MUST enable DHM, and as it states in the dialog, you MUST enable Turbulence and Turbulent Bumps within the DHM dialog. If you don't then you will NOT get any Bump Aircraft turbulence ... as the name suggests these turbulent motions refer to the aircraft and not the head.

The Bump Aircraft turbulence IS dependent on DHM and IS synchronised with the DHM head motions which gives maximum realism.

Of course the LWE injects ALL possible turbulence, wind shear, and icing data with the weather. Hence, you can also enable the FSX turbulence and thermal effects. Then you will get the standard FSX turbulence but only based on the limited weather data that FSX supports. But to see this of course you MUST enable it within FSX. You can also adjust the FSX turbulent motion parameters in its cfg file.

The Enable Bump Aircraft Configuration option being developed will enable 'aircraft' turbulent motions without Live Camera and camera views. However, it can never be as realistic since the synchronised head movements are missing.

Stephen

Hi Iain

Our DHM effects are associated with camera views so you must configure a camera view with DHM effects and set it as either the default view, assign it with a keyboard key or joystick button. When you then subsequently display the camera view in flight (by default or by pressing the assigned key/button) you will see the DHM effects. DHM is best suited to VC views.

For turbulence on the aircraft itself select both the Bump Aircraft and Turbulence Effects options (Turbulent Motion and/or Turbulent Bump) within DHM and unless you want to see wing flex disable FSX turbulence (which is set via the FSX menu option - Options, Settings, Display. Select the Weather tab, there is an option for turbulence and thermal effects on the aircraft). To see wing flex enable FSX turbulence, also the 'Advanced Animations' option in the FSX menu option - Options, Settings, Display - Graphics tab and you must also enable Include Wing Flex Data in the OpusFSX Weather dialog's General User Preferences.

If you are not using Live Camera then enable FSX turbulence. Select the FSX Weather tab, there is an option for turbulence and thermal effects on the aircraft. Also to see wing flex and the aircraft instruments move enable the 'Advanced Animations' option in the FSX menu option - Options, Settings, Display - Graphics tab. You can tweak the FSX turbulence settings, I came across this site,

http://captainsim.or...?num=1349283822,

" I came across some other settings for turbulence effects for fsx and i have found them to be a lot better than the stock settings so i thought i would share.

They go under the Weather section of the fsx.cfg

[Weather]

MinGustTime=5

MaxGustTime=1000

MinGustRampSpeed=2

MaxGustRampSpeed=100

MinVarTime=2

MaxVarTime=500

TurbulenceScale=3.000000

If you decide to try them please remember to make a backup copy of your fsx.cfg before you make changes."

However, for more realistic turbulence we would recommend using OpusFSX Live Camera.

Cheryl

Thanks for the info, I think some of my settings are ideal. Will test out your suggestion above. Cheers

-Iain Watson-

We obviously recommend you create a VC camera view as Default for your aircraft and enable DHM with all default settings including Bump Aircraft.

Stephen

definitely have to say opus has done a superb job with turbulence it looks and "feels" so real, great job, just wish my chair could share as well like the turbulence effects i see on my projector screen.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

Im a bit confused. Should I enable turbulence within fsx itself?

ZORAN

You enable the FSX Turbulence and Thermal effects only if you want wing flex (also needs our wing flex data option enabled) and you want to see things like the ASI fluctuating (not always seen in the RW). So its up to you, I don't bother with it although wing flex can be quite good to see when flying the tube liners.

Stephen :smile:

hi Stephen

You guys have done a great job with the turbulence, all this makes fsx so much more better!

Thanks Clayton,

Very nice of you to take the time to let us know. Certainly puts a smile on our faces to hear such feedback.

Regards

Stephen :-)

p.s i must add also with the buttkicker sound tweaks! excellent stuff!

I have tried AS next, and really liked it,especially for its simplicity. However, I have purchased opusFsx and now using opusFsi. Why? I like options! I like playing around and making adjustments, seems like I get allot more for my money. The fsclient system is brilliant.

one option that I would like to see in opusfsx is the abiity to set the destination weather airport without alt tabbing and going from fsx to opus program, now if there is a way to do that, that would be brilliant!

Yes just create and activate a simple flight plan within the sim, both your destination and cruise altitude will be automatically primed and the weather generated. The SimConnect feature to allow dialog entries with FSX in full screen unfortunately are flawed and have never worked, hence there is no real way to display dialogs and request info inside the sim.

Stephen

Yes I noticed this new feature.

Do we still need to hit the process this plan tab?

ZORAN

No its processed automatically, but there has been some fixes regarding decoding PLN files in the new beta.

Stephen

I was going to try the flight plan feature this evening. Does fsi recognise plans created in pro atc? I can export from pro atc as .pln so should work?

Another comparability issue with proATCx is within the options weather tab of proATCx which by default needs to see a themes/OpusWeather.txt to be able to use fsx. In fsi, you have changed the folder name to Weather, so as of this moment, you cannot have opusfsi working with proATCx.

I have a work around - created a theme folder within opusfsi folder then created a symbolic link from weather to themes. This copies the contents over and also allows proATCx to be configured.

In testing I found the OpusWeather.txt was updated correctly. What I haven't done is to see if the .dat files are copied correctly.

Steve - I have reported the issue to proATCx forum