Sign in to follow this  
ryanairfr7063

FS9 pitch problem

hi guys,

to start I have been flying in flight simulator for many years, I've had the odd problem and have also been faced with a few reinstallations of the game over the years which is a pain.

so my problem may be a simple fix (I hope), I usually fly the ifly 737, and have done so for some time but recently a problem has emerged while climbing I have no problems but its when I reach 30,000ft my problems start the aircraft seems to hold a 10 degree pitch up and the speed seems fine usually around 290 300 knots. over 30,000 feet my aircraft can no longer climb and struggles to hold at 31,000 feet ,, the pitch is still 10 degrees even using vertical speed I cant lower the nose of the aircraft. my aircrafts weight is fine the gross weight is usually well under max , fuel is normally 21000 pounds so I cant seem to find the problem.

I know this is a problem for the ifly support but I think its a problem within my fs9 as every other aircraft struggles the same as the ifly wilco is the same.

my add ons that may be a problem is

rex weather..... now I think off it the problem occurred around the time I installed rex,, well im not going to delete all the writing above but I am going to uninstall rex,,

id still appreciate any advice even tho I may have just solved my problem.

or you have selected your sim to show true airspeed instead of indicated ?

At 30,000 feet you should be flying Mach, not knots. What is the Mach speed?

Peter

Peter Schluter

What is the OAT?  Under ISA conditions, it should be about -45°C at 30,000'.

If it's higher than about -30°C, there may be something wrong with your wx program.

Colin B

He is using REX. Do you really think there is something wrong with his weather program?

I didn't realise your REX program was infallible!  Why don't you help him if you consider our suggestions stupid?

Colin B

The iFly is very susceptible to poor Centre of Gravity distribution calculations and hence trimming

Although your weight may be within specs it might also be wise to step climb.

I didn't realise your REX program was infallible!  Why don't you help him if you consider our suggestions stupid?

Colin B

Not my program. 

Not stupid, just 99.9% unlikely.

Colin B

I think that was a little uncalled for...

Have you checked your trim? I've had some issues in the past with similar things. For some reason, with some airplanes, my trim controls have become linked to... I dunno. But I'll somehow end up with my trim several degrees high as I climb... and it seemed at the time to be linked to the climbing rate. I had to do a reinstall to fix that one...