Sign in to follow this  
Dazkent

I wish to fly online

Hello

After using FSX for a few months, I noticed that there is a feature to fly online with other users but as I understand it the main server was closed down sometime ago?

As I class myself as very much a beginner I don't really know where to start but is it possible to still fly online with other users? and if so can anyone point me in the right direction about what I would need to do. I fly a mixture of GA in the UK and also jets to europe short haul at the moment.

Many thanks

Darran

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Hello

After using FSX for a few months, I noticed that there is a feature to fly online with other users but as I understand it the main server was closed down sometime ago?

As I class myself as very much a beginner I don't really know where to start but is it possible to still fly online with other users? and if so can anyone point me in the right direction about what I would need to do. I fly a mixture of GA in the UK and also jets to europe short haul at the moment.

Many thanks

Darran

I would suggest an online network such as VATSIM or IVAO.

There is a subsection for VATSIM here on the AVSIM forums which is available here.

Also VATSIM has a lot of useful information on joining on their website.

If you need any help joining up with VATSIM in particular, let me know and I'll help you out.

There are various options for on-line flying.  VATSIM is one - and in my opinion a good one.

Onother server to consider is VATME - http://www.vatmegroup.com/  A very open server (few people on) but does have an active group in Europe (KLM) and if you know other pilots you would like to fly with this is an easy server to use because there are so few people on at any given time - basically you will have the server to yourself.

There are "GameSpy-like" servers - see http://www.fsopen.co.uk/info/sessions/  The disadvantage is that this uses the FSX multiplayer function - which restricts certain things (like the ability to change aircraft while still online).  Servers like VATSIM, VATME, Deer Valley Flying Club and Hover Control (where you connect through a connection client like FSInn) allow you all the flexibility of free flight - you  can change anything you want at any time.

In addition to the servers available there are groups that you can join - like ours, or Deer Valley Flying Club - or any number of Virtual Airlines if you are into that sort of thing (which it seems you may not be, at least at this time) - that can provide you with activities or just someone to fly with.

Thanks for the replies, VATSIM sounds just what I am looking for. I have just started out with a Virtual Airline flying a Beechcraft B1900 D which I really am enjoying

Looks like I have some more reading up to do :smile:

flyuk_sig.php?id=UKV1523

My youtube channel

http://www.youtube.com/c/Dkentflyer

Hello

Many thanks

Darran

I would suggest an online network such as VATSIM or IVAO.

There is a subsection for VATSIM here on the AVSIM forums which is available here.

Also VATSIM has a lot of useful information on joining on their website.

If you need any help joining up with VATSIM in particular, let me know and I'll help you out.

Anything related to IVAO, call me in.. ;) Good Luck.

Rishab Kumar

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I joined The Virtual International Flying Club. There you will find many friendly people who will make you feel right at home. I have Windows 8 and Jacques and Frank , both took control and set me right up  with everything that I needed. You can fly with the guys or fly alone, very casual.