Sign in to follow this  
BrianG

Is VATSPY down?

Hi-

Been trying to log on to VATSPY all weekend but can't. I uninstalled it and tried installing it again but now I can't even install it. Are their servers down ? is anyone else having these problems ?

Thanks-

Brian

Hello Brian

Evidently all the Vatsim Servers are down for maintenance, I can't log on either using Squawkbox or Servinfo. I haven't tried VatSpy because I need to reinstall it ( new HD ), still trying to get all my FS stuff back on my new drives. Can't get on the Vatsim.net website either.

Thanks

Gary

Hello Brian

Evidently all the Vatsim Servers are down for maintenance, I can't log on either using Squawkbox or Servinfo. I haven't tried VatSpy because I need to reinstall it ( new HD ), still trying to get all my FS stuff back on my new drives. Can't get on the Vatsim.net website either.

Thanks

Gary

Nope, this is incorrect.

The only thing down at the moment are the data servers and the web servers. The actual fsd servers are still up and running fine. VATSPY/Servinfo get their info from the data servers hence why they are not loading any data in.

If you're having problems on one of the pilot/controller clients, I suggest you try another server. The IP's are;

EUROPE-CC 5.9.155.43

EUROPE-C2 88.198.19.202

EUROPE-CW2 78.46.90.47

EUROPE-CE 212.67.73.150

OCEANIA 180.200.247.40

UK 109.169.48.148

USA-E 97.107.135.245

USA-N 204.244.237.21

USA-W 64.151.108.52

See this thread for more information on the servers being down:

VATSIM sent out an email saying expect server outtage until Monday.  So it's normal that you can't log in or view any information.  To some countries, we are in Monday now, and some still have a fair way to go.  So I'm just going to assume they said Monday US time.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

Thanks everyone-

It's not VATSIM that I can't get on to, but rather VATSPY.  Is anyone having problems with VATSPY? Are Vatsim and VATSPY on the same servers?

Thanks for your replies

It was up briefly but then another issue with the RAID came up.

From the VATSIM forums:

So it looks like we have another problem on the RAID system :/ resyncing failed. 

Now it depends on how fast we get the persons who can look at it on a PC... obviously these things happen on a weekend while people are on holiday, then it will require probably an intervention from somebody at the data center... so there's once again no ETA on this. 

Sorry.

Will update when i have more info. 

Luca icon_sad.gif

PS: As the vatsim email addresses are down please use alternative emails if you have them to reach whoever you need. You can reach me at ********* 

EDIT : services involved are all websites except forums, dataserver and data files, mailservices @vatism.net, stats, however online services are NOT affected.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Thanks everyone-

It's not VATSIM that I can't get on to, but rather VATSPY.  Is anyone having problems with VATSPY? Are Vatsim and VATSPY on the same servers?

Thanks for your replies

Hi Brian,

Right now, anyone using VATSpy is experiencing what you are. Moreover, anyone using VATSpy, Servinfo or QuteScoop is experiencing the issue.That said, machine2035 and Chris actually answered your question.. "VATSPY/Servinfo get their info from the data servers hence why they are not loading any data in."  For VATSpy, SERVINFO or QuteScoop to have content to display (e.g.: flights, a/c, pilots, ATC, etc) they must contact and connect to the VATSIM network of servers. That is mentioned by Chris in his reply containing the excerpt from VATSIM's forum post: "..services involved [affected] are all websites except forums..."  This is what VATSpy cannot do at this time -- connect to VATSIM servers. You can, however, still fly online although weather / METARs may not be not current and there has been some strangeness where aircraft disappear and reappear randomly. :O

Kind Regards.

Thanks for the clarification. Much appreciated. Looks like this has been going on longer than originally anticipated.

Brian

Data servers are back up and VATSPY should now be working.

Unforunately the web servers are still down.

Thanks-

At 1920 PDT, Vatspy is still down. If anyone has any success bringing it up, let me know.  Then I'll reinstall it and try again.