Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

PMDG 777 hits wall street

This is like the 1 millionst time now, that this has been posted here...

Slight exaggeration intended...

Regards, always three greens and happy landings,

Max

Aerospace Engineer and Private Pilot
TriStarbanner_zpsefe0294f.jpg
Flightdiary

It's all good Rich.  It makes a great conversation piece and is well deserved.  Now maybe PMDG will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange one day :smile:

Chris Sunseri

I can't believe I missed a shot of the FedEx Panda livery.  Never knew it would be included with release until just a few hours ago.  All it takes is an hour or two away from here Rich and you can miss a lot!

Chris Sunseri

It's all good Rich.  It makes a great conversation piece and is well deserved.  Now maybe PMDG will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange one day :smile:

Interesting thought. But I highly doubt PMDG (or any flight sim addon developer) will have a snowball's chance of going public so long as the development of the platform itself is in question.

FSX is as good as written off, unless someone can convince ($) Microsoft to part with the rights to the code.

P3D would be an option--although, with Lockheed Martin in the picture, we can count on it moving toward a dedicated commercial market/defense application. That might be a lucrative option for PMDG, but expect the prices of their aircraft simulations to skyrocket to match that market. Think Elite.

P3D would be an option--although, with Lockheed Martin in the picture, we can count on it moving toward a dedicated commercial market/defense application. That might be a lucrative option for PMDG, but expect the prices of their aircraft simulations to skyrocket to match that market. Think Elite

I don't think PMDG would do that to us. I feel they would do like Majestic does with the Dash 8 and sell different version ie one for home use and one for commercial. PMDG has shown they are loyal to this community and I don't think that will ever change! They might move forward to bigger and better things but PMDG doesn't seem like a company who will forget its roots.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I don't think PMDG would do that to us. I feel they would do like Majestic does with the Dash 8 and sell different version ie one for home use and one for commercial. PMDG has shown they are loyal to this community and I don't think that will ever change! They might move forward to bigger and better things but PMDG doesn't seem like a company who will forget its roots.

That's the problem with going public. The current owners and management team and their loyalties become irrelevant. The public shareholders (the ones who bought the company) go on to determine the direction.

I'm hoping the mass exposure in the WSJ brings with it an influx of new hobbyists, AND real world crews who take in an interest in our oft disregarded "game" and use it to apply what they learn in the classroom or manuals to practice in a very easy to use and affordable way. 

I'm sure PMDG have had some sales to real world training departments, but this release has to be a boon for new sales to the commercial market.   And this all just bodes well for us as developers will see a larger market where it's worth their while to further develop more realistic addon aircraft, scenery enhancements, utilities, anything, to compensate for FSX's many technical shortcomings.   I have always dreamed what Microsoft Flight simulator would be like, what the quality of our scenery and aircraft would be like, if it's market was anything like the console games that are a billion dollar industry.   Aces wouldn't have closed down, heck, they would have had an incentive to release a proper SP3 or even an entirely new sim that takes advantage of modern hardware.  Well, one can only dream what this new exposure could bring for us in our little "cult"!