Sign in to follow this  
737_800

I have to press 'Q' to get back engine sound after view change

Hi guys,

for some a reason I have to press the 'Q' key to get back engine sound after I changed view. So I am flying, then want to change my view, press 's' to do so press it again to turn back into my cockpit an it is almost silent. I press 'Q' and can enjoy again my sound. What could be the problem?

just what I have done is to set in the FS menu my engine sounds to my speakers and the NGX sound,too

Its a known problem. What you do with 'Q' is the fix.

I dont think so. I think the callouts are supposed to be read like 10kts before because you're accelerating at a really fast speed

Good to know. Is the too early V1 and Vr callout a bug as well?

No, pilots call these out a tad early in real life so that the airplane is at the speed when they finish saying it, not right at the start - it was something the tech team pilots on the NGX had us do.

Its a known problem. What you do with 'Q' is the fix.

Not only is a known problem, it's documented in the Introduction manual - something the OP should read.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Not bad idea to read that introduction - was too busy with all the FCOM stuff ;-)

I do not mean that the callouts appear one time. I get it two times, and I do not think that this is normal. Never saw that a pilot say two times 'V1' and 'VR'.

In some configurations (not sure the exact settings in the CDU Menu for it to happen) you get an automated callout AND an F/O callout.  The solution is to disable one or the other.

I do not use FsCrew. @Barbs, could find only one of the callouts. Have disabled this one will check it at my next T/O.