Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest cessna172

walk around camra?

i used to have a camera program for fs09 that i could walk around the outside the airplane like doing a real pre flight. is there any thing like that for fsx? i think that would be really neat. i seen one mentioned in a read-me but that was a lot of files ago.  so i have since forgotten the name of the file.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Isn't the F11 camera view what you want? It can pan completely around the aircraft, up and down, zoom in and out. 

Hmmm. maybe i will have to check it out. i am on a different simulator now. what i wanted it for was pre flights. then i could check the rudder elevator and ailerons.

oh ok. would you happen to have a link to it? and is it freeware?

He meant BOB by ORBX, a freeware invisible all-terrain "vehicle" that allows you to move around on the ground freely.

It might not be suitable for your purposes, though, because it loads as a user aircraft rather than a real camera, so you can't do walk-around checks, unless you record that particular aircraft with FSRecorder before and view the playback while you walk around the aircraft with BOB - but that seems a bit pointless to me...

ok thank you sirs. but wow 40.00 is a bit steep. i can't get it now.