Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

Navigraph Cloud & Subscriptions

Looks like LiDO charts... I'm not a huge fan of them. Honestly I prefer the free govt charts from USA. But since USA doesn't cover rest of the world I'd say that's an excellent value (cause we know Jepp charts are a ripoff).

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

EFB is great but the included charts don't give you anything like as much detail as you'd get with the 'proper' ones. The Navigraph charts give you info pages with preferential runways, noise abatement procedures, expected taxi routings and a lot more. For a serious simmer, it's definitely worth it.

Tried the demo on my S3 and must say, it's crap.

You search for an airport, all fine. Pick a chart, it sometimes doesn't display, sometimes doesn't load and it often crashes my browser (tried multiple browsers). If it does load it's fine but you can't zoom in and you cannot close the chart.

Tried the demo on my S3 and must say, it's crap.

You search for an airport, all fine. Pick a chart, it sometimes doesn't display, sometimes doesn't load and it often crashes my browser (tried multiple browsers). If it does load it's fine but you can't zoom in and you cannot close the chart.

EFB or Navi?

ZORAN

EFB or Navi?

Navigaph on my S3. On the PC it works perfectly and I've been using the NDAC Charts program for years without issues as well.

I am using the Navigraph charts subscription and am very happy with it. There is a lot more information on the charts from Navigraph than you will find in Aivlasoft EFB (like the minimms for different categories of approaches and the initial climb altitudes on SID's). Aivlasoft on the other hand has a moving (airport-)map, which can be handy for situational awareness.

The cloud service needs some more development in my opinion. The charts are really slow to load. You can only find charts by country and not by ICAO code. And I really miss some kind of chart-clip, where you can clip multiple charts that you are going to use during the different phases of flight.