Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Support for "download winds" to PMDGs 777

Hi!

I noticed that PMDG has implemented a function to download enroute winds into the fmc of their 777, will this be supported in OPUS?

Niklas Eriksson

Hi!

I noticed that PMDG has implemented a function to download enroute winds into the fmc of their 777, will this be supported in OPUS?

By the looks of it they have added the feature in the latest beta of Opus. Although I need to look into how to use it properly as when I requested for the data to be imported, the execute light lit up but then no data was actually added.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

The beta including this feature has just been posted earlier this morning, please check the SimForums Announcements and also I believe Cheryl may have already posted something on this forum.

Stephen

You must import or activate the flight plan into Opus, then process it, then update the weather. Only after processing the flight plan and updating the weather will the file be generated. Please read our Announcements.

Stephen

The beta including this feature has just been posted earlier this morning, please check the SimForums Announcements and also I believe Cheryl may have already posted something on this forum.

Stephen

You must import or activate the flight plan into Opus, then process it, then update the weather. Only after processing the flight plan and updating the weather will the file be generated. Please read our Announcements.

Stephen

The file has been generated but for some reason it didn't get imported into the FMC.

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

My responsibility is just generating the file in accordance with the manual and PMDG spec, I have no idea about the importing into the 777 via the FMC.

Stephen

It may need to be tab delimited, you could try removing the space delimiters and inserting a single tab character. Don't know why they couldn't just skip over ALL delimiters in the file, but that might be it.

Stephen

Thanks a lot for the information,

Stephen: Can you post a link to information regarding this? I must have totally missed it:)

Niklas Eriksson

We have posted a new beta at 13:00 Zulu which changed the delimiters within the file so can you try that and let me know if it works OK.

We seem to have several topics regarding this subject on the go at the moment so if you could report on SimForums that would be useful for us. http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic47077_post287606.html#287606

Thanks

Cheryl

The beta dev is progressing fast in our SimForums, a new beta is being tested with tab delimited text. You will find a link to our SimForums on our main web page, but this should take you to the forum.

http://www.simforums.com/forums/opus-software_forum49.html

Stephen

Thank you Stephen!:) I didnt know about the simforums-forum at all;)

Niklas Eriksson

Thanks, there doesnt seem to be any lack of activity here at all;-)

I hope its okay that I keep writing here...

Can anyone post an instruction step by step to get the winds into the fmc?

I am using PFPX as flight planner...

I guess I have to export my route as FSX-route (.pln) but when I import that into opus, it seems to interpret my airways as points in the US...

And I cant find any "buttons" for creating the 777 wx file.

:)

Thanks

Niklas Eriksson

I haven't got the 777 but from the information on our SimForum you may need to export the flight plan in two formats PMDG and FSX. ...

"I export a plan in the PMDG format that is used solely for the PMDG aircraft FMC, and I export a seperate FSX plan that I use for my ACARS, EFB, and weather programs.

So, the FSX plan for this flight got imported into OpusFX and processed"

We have posted a new beta this morning since there were problems if you cut and pasted your flight plan from PFPX as opposed to using the OpusFSX import option.

Once you active your flight plan using the OpusFSX process option or via FSX options then the ICAO1ICAO2.wx file is automatically created for you, no need for any "buttons" for creating the 777 wx file.

Then I believe it is just a matter of pressing WIND DATA REQUEST on the WIND page in the airplane and it will automatically load the values into the FMC. Note that it is best if your cruise altitude is already entered on the PERF INIT page before you do this as it helps the PMDG algorithm narrow down the correct altitudes to use.

Cheryl

One more point to note. If your GRIB data is not decoding then it may be caused by a setting in the Windows operating system English culture setting.

OpusFSX automatically selects and uses a generic English culture to ensure correct floating point number conversion. We have had problems where people have edited the English culture setting and changed the Windows Number format decimal separator from a dot to a comma. Ensure the dot character is assigned as the decimal separator in the Windows Number format, not the comma.

Cheryl

One more point to note. If your GRIB data is not decoding then it may be caused by a setting in the Windows operating system English culture setting.

OpusFSX automatically selects and uses a generic English culture to ensure correct floating point number conversion. We have had problems where people have edited the English culture setting and changed the Windows Number format decimal separator from a dot to a comma. Ensure the dot character is assigned as the decimal separator in the Windows Number format, not the comma.

Cheryl

Dear Cheryl,

Lots of people throughout the world use OpusFSX in computers that are shared with other several applications, and each country has its own number format and other language characteristics. So, instead of each person having to change it as you told above, thus causing a lot of problems in regard to his/her other applications/language, don't you think that is so much more efficient OpusFSX to make an internal conversion?! It's so very simple! I'd say an "IF..THEN..FORMAT()" would do it.

Anyway, just my 2 cents.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

You have misunderstood what I have said, we do not want people to change the standard settings, if they do then that causes the problem.

If you are using non English GB language and culture settings then OpusFSX will automatically use the English culture just to decode the GRIB data. This has no affect on the culture used by your operating system or any other applications.

Cheryl

Thanks, there doesnt seem to be any lack of activity here at all;-)

I hope its okay that I keep writing here...

Can anyone post an instruction step by step to get the winds into the fmc?

I am using PFPX as flight planner...

I guess I have to export my route as FSX-route (.pln) but when I import that into opus, it seems to interpret my airways as points in the US...

And I cant find any "buttons" for creating the 777 wx file.

:)

Thanks

Once you made your flight plan in pfpx  there is a option to export the flight plan to your pmdg folder etc ,if you look further   down the list you will see another option wind data  tick these 2 boxes and than click the save option on top you will get a notification if  done correctly. Than once in your t7  once your have finished  enrtering your co route in the fmc   in the legs page   go to the next page I think or  route  page one of  the 2  and  you will see wind  data  click on this  and than execute it  and it will upload  the wind  data  for  you

omxPr.png

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg