Sign in to follow this  
DOGANG KIM

FSX freeze just before nose wheel contacts ground.

soundpmdg.jpg

The PMDG effect sound is the reason.

I tested it.

I deleted PMDG 777 sound folder, then There was no freeze !

soundnose.jpg

See above screen shot.

When nose gear contacts ground, many files and big size sounds files are loaded. At this moment, FSX is freezed.

And some sound files are too big size without a reason.

ex) It is very simple 3 seconds loop sounds, but it is recoreded 30 second and more.. so the file size is 3~4 megabyte..

Maybe PMDG can make a update for more efficiency and more FPS.

I deleted PMDG 777 sound folder, then There was no freeze!

I suspect that there is a minus by deleting these files?

I deleted PMDG 777 sound folder, then There was no freeze!

I suspect that there is a minus by deleting these files?

Sorry to state the obvious, but you won't hear the sounds!

Best regards,

Robin.

I think he knows that, but was pointing out that its the size and amount of files that are causing the freeze, and that its the sound files, rather than any other file. Although effects also probably loaded so probably the combined amount. 

Interesting though to here the view on the size/length of the files if as the OP states they are 3 secs worth of sound but in a 30s file. Not knowing anything about the technical reasons around this, is it the case they need to be that long/big or could as the op states be reduced in size and maybe optimise everyones system some more.

This one.  30$ sound card...

maya_pos_01.jpg

Finally we found a company that is truthful in it's packaging 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I think he knows that, but was pointing out that its the size and amount of files that are causing the freeze, and that its the sound files, rather than any other file. Although effects also probably loaded so probably the combined amount. 

Interesting though to here the view on the size/length of the files if as the OP states they are 3 secs worth of sound but in a 30s file. Not knowing anything about the technical reasons around this, is it the case they need to be that long/big or could as the op states be reduced in size and maybe optimise everyones system some more.

yes !!

Does anyone want to take the task of trying to short these files down and see how it goes?  :wink:  Or should we wait for PMDG to find these posts? :huh:

Maybe if we reduce the rate of sound it can be better ?

I thinks yes. When I deleted the sound folder, 777 vc cockpit FPS was very smooth.

High bit rate  - low FPS

Midium rate - improved FPS

No sound file - nice FPS..

ok, i will receive my first sound card "Creative Labs Soundblaster Live 5.1" on tuesday or wednesday. This is a used soundcard, i just won the auction on ebay - i was alone and it's mine for whole 1eur  :lol:

If this works, i will invest in a really good soundcard, but i have to buy better GPU first, it's on my list for a long time. 

I will let you know on tuesday or wednesday if that works for me

ok, i will receive my first sound card "Creative Labs Soundblaster Live 5.1" on tuesday or wednesday. This is a used soundcard, i just won the auction on ebay - i was alone and it's mine for whole 1eur  :lol:

If this works, i will invest in a really good soundcard, but i have to buy better GPU first, it's on my list for a long time. 

I will let you know on tuesday or wednesday if that works for me

Thanks !!!!

Hello Guys,

i have searched the inet up and down so long and now i found this thread! I have the same issue. Its an issue with most addons and big sound files. Its happend with AES, NGX and T7. Callouts, touchdowns and so on.

My soundcard in use is a X fi music from creative.

If really a new soundcard will help, PLS let me know!!! I'm very interested to solve this issue.

Thanks a lot!

PS: So i switch to my onbord sound but no luck... :(

still not delivered, i don't know why but i will check tomorow with seller. And i'll let you know about results

OK, we will see... I have no luck with sound on board device... Don't work.