Sign in to follow this  
rickman34

radar contact not allocating runways for landing

I am having problems with radar contact not allocating runways for landing this worked fine until i restored my whole system. When i am nearing the airport radar contact asks me which runway i want to land on. Before the restore it always allocated the runway for landing and gave directions to the airport. Now it asks me to choose a runway and once chosen it gives me no vectors to the runways. Anyone else have this issue?

When RC starts, check the splash screen that it shows version 4.3 build 3845. Reply here if not.

Have you set a shortcut to rcv4.exe and set it to run as admin? In Win 7 after creating the shortcut right click on the shortcut and a dialog will open there. Ignore that run as admin but click on advanced. Click on run as admin there to check it, then click OK. It will return to the first property window where you must click on Apply to save your changes, then OK to close that properties window.

Next check that your restore did not use previous versions of fsuipc and makerwys.exe. Get the latest fsuipc from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66139-updated-modules/

installing first the complete, then interim version as necessary.

Get the latest makerwys.exe from:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

installing it in your FS folder.

Now start RC and run the scenery rebuild from within it. However, if you run RC on a networked WideFS client to an FS host pc, then first run makerwys.exe directly in your FS folder. When RC rebuild asks for the path to FS be sure it is correct. You should then if not on a network see makerwys run counting down airports and runways. If you already ran it because FS is on a different PC and you answer the WideFS answer correctly with the correct paths entered, then you'll see messages for you to OK regarding RC copying r4.csv and then after your OK creating a4.csv. After the last OK wait a few seconds and then close RC.

Now we'll check to insure that the data was created OK. Go to your fs folder and right click on r5.csv, click properties, and write down the modified date/time and size. Now browse to rcv4 or rcv4x\data. Right click on r4.csv and see if the date\time properties and size are the same as you wrote down. Now right click on a4.csv to insure it does not have a zero size.

Now right click on r4.csv again and select open with and select wordpad or notepad. Do not let a spreadsheet app run it.

Search for the airport ICAO code and it should be listed with some rows. Ignore the first number in the second column which is the runway. You should have a row for each runway of that airport with a couple of numbers following the runway number. This insures the data was extracted from the scenery correctly.

Now try a flight with a default aircraft to a default airport. See if RC assigns a runway and offers vectors. Use a large controlled airport for arrival. Your ai should be running. RC first uses runways that ai are using, then chooses runways by winds and runway properties such as ILS available and length.

Another issue is if you after acknowledging a runway from approach, you select the extended menu (9) by default and request an IAP to navigate on your own to a runway you select. Also if you request a different runway you'll get a list of runways. This applies to departure and arrival.

For procedures at non-towered airports you may also get a list of runways to choose.

See what happens.

You might have to reinstall RC if whatever happened to require your system restore also changed RC.

Let us know your results.

since this only started after you did a system rebuild, i suspect that is where the problem is.

have you downloaded the latest versions of fsuipc and makerwys and installed them?

once they are installed, start rc, and click the rebuild rc scenery database button, so rc knows what airports and runways you have.

but i don't understand the question. i can't think of any situation where rc asks you what runway you want to use. it's always going to tell you. it's almost like you started asking for a specific type of approach when you contact approach, like ils rwy 18. if that's the case, stop doing that.

then rc will figure out what runway you need, and vector you to it.

but update fsuipc, makerwys, and then rebuild rc scenery database from within rc, for starters

jd

Thanks for the support guys i done the update to fsuipc and makerunways and rebuilt the database and everything is working as normal now. thanks again :)

If the airport dont't have an Approach-facility RC will actually ask you if you have the latest weather and which approach/runway you intend to use, but thats is how it's suppose to work I guess.

Regards

Johnny

Johnny Holmgren

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

In RC look at the Controller page after your flight plan is loaded. This will tell you by the presence of frequencies what facilities are available at your departure and arrival airports, especially if a tower and/or approach facility is there.

Where there is no approach facility, center will attempt to line you up for the initial approach fix (it should be in your plan sent to RC) for you to navigate from there on your own.