Sign in to follow this  
Brenchen

Confusion in Ground Operations

One of the new features that I absolutely adore is the Ground Ops feature (inside the FMC).  However, I've came across some strange behaviour that I could not find an explanation for, even after reading into the Introduction.pdf document.

What have I done:  I started the flight with a SHORT turn time, which meant I had 55 min to play with.  However, since this is a new feature (a really neat one too!), I didn't remember to put in desired fuel right when the turn time started.  I started to uplift fuel for a 14hr flight with some 10 min remaining.

What I have observed:  I had sent the fuel request to be uplifted with some 10 min of turn time remaining, while the uplift time required no less than 15min to complete.  At the time it wasn't apparent to me, as I continued with the cockpit prep.

So what happened next:  At the end of my cockpit prep, I went to check on my ground ops status and find that there was something like 9 or so minutes left for the refueling to complete, while the turn time had ended (or at least on the count down it was showing 1).  However, the fuel did not continue to uplift, the countdown was stuck, as I checked the fuel gauge it indeed confirms that no more fuel were being added.

I had a look into the documents, and been actively following the forums, and doesn't seem to register there were any topics relating to restrictions on the ground ops.  Has anyone experienced this problem or know what caused this?  The speculation I had was when the turn time ran out, the fuel hose were pulled out of the aircraft, therefore fuel uplift was no longer possible.

If this is indeed the case, possibly a note in the Intro doc would be helpful for anyone else who are confused about the same thing?  If I've mistaken something, please let me know the reason behind this.

Thanks in advance.

Brendan Chen

Learning to use and getting use to FSX!

I had the same issue.  In my case I has selected a manual turn time and the clock started counting down.  Then I entered the fuel uplift and I got a message that there wasn't enough time to complete the uplift in the turn time selected.  I tried changing the turn time but I kept getting "Invalid Entry"  So I ignored it and proceeded with the rest of pre-flight.  When I was ready to go, the turn clock had counted down to 10 sec, but the fuel uplift had stopped.  I ended up having to go to FS actions and manually change the fuel to the desired amount.

Bill Rowe

I found the turn times has to be 10 minutes longer than the fuel time required.

Best regards,

Robin.