Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

PMDG 777 , A2A's C172 and FSUIPC 4.92...

Just a small note regarding the use of FSUIPC 4.92 and PMDG's 777.

I was mainly using P3D, until I decided to get FSX back on my system and be able to profit from some of the greatest add-ons that have recently been released.

It was a long time since I last used it ( by version 3, I believe) to the point of programming and calibarting the joystick  axis through it. These days I use a combination of three controllers:

- Saitek X52 Pro

- Saitek Cyborg X

- Saitek Rudder Pedals

Well, I defined and calibrates elevator, aileron, rudder, toe-brakes, spoilers, steering tiller, throttle, prop and mixture through FSUIPC.

For the C172, using FSUIPC at least to define and calibrate the flight controls is almost mandatory. A2A's C172 was released and soon after many users started complaining about it's very sensitive, and somehow irrealistic, pitch and also bank behaviour, but using FSUIPC turns this model into a delightful one to fly. I really can't figure why it makes such a BIG difference, but it really does!

Regarding the PMDG 777, I had to revert to FSX definition mode for the throttle. I even left it's calibration through FSX ( poor but it works ). The fact is that when I used FSUIPC do define and calibrate the throttle axis, I started losing sync with the throttles, havinf abrupt changes, etc...

So, now, the only axis I have defined and calibrated in FSX is throttle ( single ), the rest is up to FSUIPC 4.92, which, as usual, does a great job!

A big thumbs up to the DynamicFriction lua script too, as well as to the chance of running a batch file when FSX starts icon_smile.gif

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I just calibrated my PMDG throttle today with FSUIPC, because I ran into some trouble.

Just make sure you have a specific PMDG777 profile, then I defined the throttle axes 1 + 2 separate to my dual throttle.

Calibrate the throttle axes without reverser (you can check a box).

Works perfect, dont forget to define profile for every livery.

McDan out

Just a small note regarding the use of FSUIPC 4.92 and PMDG's 777.

I was mainly using P3D, until I decided to get FSX back on my system and be able to profit from some of the greatest add-ons that have recently been released.

It was a long time since I last used it ( by version 3, I believe) to the point of programming and calibarting the joystick axis through it. These days I use a combination of three controllers:

- Saitek X52 Pro

- Saitek Cyborg X

- Saitek Rudder Pedals

Well, I defined and calibrates elevator, aileron, rudder, toe-brakes, spoilers, steering tiller, throttle, prop and mixture through FSUIPC.

For the C172, using FSUIPC at least to define and calibrate the flight controls is almost mandatory. A2A's C172 was released and soon after many users started complaining about it's very sensitive, and somehow irrealistic, pitch and also bank behaviour, but using FSUIPC turns this model into a delightful one to fly. I really can't figure why it makes such a BIG difference, but it really does!

Regarding the PMDG 777, I had to revert to FSX definition mode for the throttle. I even left it's calibration through FSX ( poor but it works ). The fact is that when I used FSUIPC do define and calibrate the throttle axis, I started losing sync with the throttles, havinf abrupt changes, etc...

So, now, the only axis I have defined and calibrated in FSX is throttle ( single ), the rest is up to FSUIPC 4.92, which, as usual, does a great job!

A big thumbs up to the DynamicFriction lua script too, as well as to the chance of running a batch file when FSX starts icon_smile.gif

J, if you want to use FSUIPC for your T7 throttles, check post #18 by Robert McDonald in this thread:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/419504-throttle-problems/?fromsearch=1

Works like a champ :) We don't want that FSX mapping if we can help it ;)

23.png