Sign in to follow this  
Remys

Very Weird Issue PMDG 777 + EZDOK 1.17

I configured my EZDOK camera sets and saved them. The configuration took place when I was at Gatwick airport.

The thing that is happening is the following: if i load the flight at Gatwick I have no problem with the camera views, but if i load the flight in any other airport in the world the views differs. i.e. (VRMM) if I go again to the FSX menu and go to airport (Gatwick) all the views are restored.

Honestly i am unable to find anything related to this issue and this is not logic to happen.

Your help would be really appreciated

Note: The camera sets are the same, the assigned shortcuts are the same, exactly but the aircraft views differs (in angles, zoom level ...)

this is only happening with the 777 no problem with NGX.

as you can see EGKK are the correct settings, once airport changed i.e: VRMM you can see the difference

Thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I run EZCA fine with the T7.

How do you mean the views are different? Screenshots would help.

Also did you run the EZCA configurator tool after installing the T7. If not do that now with FSX shutdown then restart and see if that fixes the issue.

Cheers Douglas Reid

I run EZCA fine with the T7.

How do you mean the views are different? Screenshots would help.

Also did you run the EZCA configurator tool after installing the T7. If not do that now with FSX shutdown then restart and see if that fixes the issue.

Cheers Douglas Reid

hi, i did the EZCA configurator tool after installing the 777. and i modified my post so you can see in pictures: " what is happening and the difference in views". i cannot find any explanation to the case that i am facing

thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

It is probably something to do with Dynamic Head Movement in FSX - this changes according to the aircraft position corresponding to the poles..Can't be fixed, but can be minimized.

It is probably something to do with Dynamic Head Movement in FSX - this changes according to the aircraft position corresponding to the poles..Can't be fixed, but can be minimized.

Is there a way to minimize it? If so I would appreciate if you can tell me how.

the weird thing is that is it only happening with the T7

Thank you

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

Yes, it's FSX issue, and you can't do to much about. The only thing to do is to minimize this effect. You need to do 2 things.

1. go to C:\Users\"YourUserName'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and find Cameras.CFG. Open it and under "[CameraDefinition.002]" change "MomentumEffect" to "No." The line should look like this:  MomentumEffect =No

2.open fsx.CFG and under "[DynamicHeadMovement]" change all values to 0, like this:

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000
MaxHeadAngle=0.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.000000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000

You should notice some improvement after this, but don't expect miracles, the effect will still be there. In some areas of world is more pronunced, in some areas not so much. Sometimes in turns your PFD will go away from you, and sometimes you will not notice it

I had exactly the same issue. My views were set up at Manchester and worked the way I wanted. I positioned the plane for tutorial 1 and the eye-point moved backwards into the headrest. I've been researching this: it's a bug in the core FSX VC implementation that calculates the eye-point. Both EZCA and OpusFSX are victims of it. All aircraft with a VC are effected by it too, but the effect is more pronounced with 'long' aircraft like the 777 and varying latitudes.

I've also noticed that the eye-point tends to 'drift' on its own accord on long flights.

I appreciate that the 777 VC is a work of programming genius but, apart from having something attached to my head, I've haven't found a workable solution for this.

Jonathan Bee

... and all of this - and the reasons for it - can be found in the Introductory Document, which you did read, right ??

Cheers,

Søren Dissing

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

... and all of this - and the reasons for it - can be found in the Introductory Document, which you did read, right ??

Cheers,

Søren Dissing

0.00.125 of the introductory document, but doesnt solve the problem.

Yes, it's FSX issue, and you can't do to much about. The only thing to do is to minimize this effect. You need to do 2 things.

1. go to C:\Users\"YourUserName'\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and find Cameras.CFG. Open it and under "[CameraDefinition.002]" change "MomentumEffect" to "No." The line should look like this:  MomentumEffect =No

2.open fsx.CFG and under "[DynamicHeadMovement]" change all values to 0, like this:

[DynamicHeadMovement]
LonAccelOnHeadLon=-0.000000
LonAccelOnHeadPitch=-0.000000
RollAccelOnHeadLat=0.000000
YawAccelOnHeadLat=-0.000000
RollAccelOnHeadRoll=0.000000
MaxHeadAngle=0.000000
MaxHeadOffset=0.000000
HeadMoveTimeConstant=0.000000

You should notice some improvement after this, but don't expect miracles, the effect will still be there. In some areas of world is more pronunced, in some areas not so much. Sometimes in turns your PFD will go away from you, and sometimes you will not notice it

thanks a lot for this trick. i tried id but unfortunately didnt work for me :(

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

0.00.125 of the introductory document, but doesnt solve the problem.

thanks a lot for this trick. i tried id but unfortunately didnt work for me :(

Remy,

I was thinking of page 0.00.123 which explains why we see this, but you're right - knowing why doesn't solve it. Sorry  :unsure:

Cheers,

Søren Dissing

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

Hi all

Well you are not alone here on this one.

I have the same that views have moved and each time getting worse. Did not think that at original setup airport all is good again haha.

What I do is just correct it with my PAN button, this is quick and I can live with that.

Jesper

I believe that the only thing to do is to try to adjust the views until further notice ....

Hi all Well you are not alone here on this one. I have the same that views have moved and each time getting worse. Did not think that at original setup airport all is good again haha. What I do is just correct it with my PAN button, this is quick and I can live with that. Jesper

this is what i am currently doing lool

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

I'm not sure if this related, but, as a TrackIR and EZDOK user, I notice that if I swing my head suddenly and very rapidly, I can throw the VC view way off. It resets itself when I hit F1 (F1 in my config set to default Captain view)

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

I tried lots of workarounds but didnt work, so what I will do is the following. adjust the settings for every ariport that i use for departure and save them with the 777_ICAO and load each profle accordingly ..... :S i think this is the best solution for now and the most time consuming :P

Remy Sarkis

BAW1031

UAE1525

I don't want to open a new topic about this so I post it here. I noticed a strange issue according to ezdok  and the T7. When I turn on the ground or change the course the position in the plane changes and don't go back to my safed position anymore. So I always sit a bit too right or too left in my T7. 

Is there a solution for this?

Philipp Schwaegerl