Sign in to follow this  
vc10man

Weird Behaviour

Touch wood, so far not had nay major issues with this bird, until a few minutes. Following a flightplan created in PFPX KJFK-KLAS; at 40k; approaching Holom where the descent starts; using FSX real weather. Now she is not following the magenta track, and upon reaching T/D instead of commencing descent, it starts climbing beyond 40.Switched to manual track and FLCH to go back to ALT selected just before T/D. All of a sudden the plane is doing things of its own. Banking over to 90 degrees, going into a spin, plummeting till I regained control; then re-engaging AP, it refuses to follow HDG.

I'm completely flummoxed. Does this plane just refuse to behave in FSX real weather or AS2012, or Opus? Or is there another reason this weird behaviour just took place.

EDIT: Just before reaching the T/D a Pass Oxygen amber light came on. Never seen that before. Have now regained full control and am on AP.A/T, LNAV, VNAV, etc,etc. Still baffled why this happened all of a sudden.

You have to sign your name on posts in PMDG forum, also send a support ticket into PMDG that will advise you. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

You have to sign your name on posts in PMDG forum, also send a support ticket into PMDG that will advise you. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Have you got eyes? I suggest you look again, unlike you who has not done so!

Ha ha that is so funny Rick, not your T7 issue, but  Meggs telling you to sign your name when you have, and he has not. :LMAO:

Anyway, to what happened in your flight, ( have now composed myself) do you have failures enabled ?

Also I am wondering if the weather servers have being playing up, as I had an issue of fsx pausing during a weather update. etc.

Only thing I could suggest Rick, would be to try the flight again, and see if it was weather causing this,

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

That is bizarre. Just verifying you were using FSX weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Hi Julian, and G'Day to you.

Yes, I could not believe my eyes.

As regards, Failures, you are on the button there, because I did not realise each repaint has its own settings, and sure enough, there were 2 Failures set to 'Active'., one of them must have been that Pass Oxygen, the other one being 'Tail Strike' when it plummeted to the ground. So, I cleared that and managed to get control of the plane. Only snag now was because it had gone off that descent profile that shows on the right in the ND, now VNAV would not follow the landing ALT set, so I had to use FLCH to go through the various ALT levels, and LOC/APP did not function, so had to hand-land.

On a totally different topic, have you nay idea how I can make one of the flat-bed loaders in GSX go to the Main Deck Door and instead of having two turn up at the Rear R cargo doors where one of those doors is far too small for a flat-bed loader, instead send one of them to the Front R cargo door? I've looked in the GSX Manual, and it is such a plethora of confusion. Thanks, Julian.

That is bizarre. Just verifying you were using FSX weather?

Yes, Brian, was using FSX weather Real-15 minute Updated.

Ok that blows my AS wake turbulence theory out of the water.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

On a totally different topic, have you nay idea how I can make one of the flat-bed loaders in GSX go to the Main Deck Door and instead of having two turn up at the Rear R cargo doors where one of those doors is far too small for a flat-bed loader,

lol! I did that too, putting one of them to the main cargo door on the freighter, and it's too short to get up there. Instead the loader extends as high as it can go, and then the box of cargo levitates up into the door like it's a hover-cargo container or magic. I'd like the solution to be a loader that's tall enough to get to the main cargo myself :P

On a totally different topic, have you nay idea how I can make one of the flat-bed loaders in GSX go to the Main Deck Door and instead of having two turn up at the Rear R cargo doors where one of those doors is far too small for a flat-bed loader, instead send one of them to the Front R cargo door? I've looked in the GSX Manual, and it is such a plethora of confusion.

Rick, check you don't have a GSX.cfg in any of your T7 aircraft floders, also check %APPDATA% / roaming0 virualii, gsx/ airplanes. Make sure you have updated GSX to the latest version which fixes an XML issu with aircraft.

Let me know how you get on.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Rog Stryx Z790-A,  Intel i9-14900KF,  Asus ROG Ryujin III 360 , Asus Hyperion Case,Rog Stryx 4090 OC, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD,64Gb G Skill Memory, Asus Aura 1200W Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG C4 48" 4K OLED Screen., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Apologies didnt see that :)

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

check you don't have a GSX.cfg in any of your T7 aircraft floders

Hi Julian, thanks for that tip, and yes, I have verified that I do not have GSC.cfg in any of my SimObjects/PMDG folders. Updated GSX late last night before my reply to you above, then at 2am,decided to call it a night.

As you can see, from %AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Airplanes/PMDG 777F this is the .cfg below that shows up and that Main Deck Door is listed but still do not see a loader at it.

[aircraft]

nosegear = 20.89

refueling = 1

[exit1]

pos = -2.71 20.07 2.55 0.00

code = 1

[exit2]

remove = 1

[exit3]

remove = 1

[exit4]

pos = 1.83 0.00 -3.98 0.00

code = Open Main Deck Door

name = Main Deck Cargo Door

[service1]

flip = 1

code = 0

[service2]

remove = 1

[cargo1]

pos = 3.08 -14.14 -1.44 0.00

code = 2

uldcode = AUTO

[cargo2]

pos = 1.63 -18.68 0.58 0.00

code = 2

uldcode = AUTO

, putting one of them to the main cargo door on the freighter,

How did you manage to do that, Trent? Any chance you could possibly talk me through that. I cannot seem to even move one flatbed loader. I saw that 2D editor bit but have no idea how to use it, viz, angle, height, etc.......If you can, I'd appreciate it

As you can see, from %AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Airplanes/PMDG 777F this is the .cfg below that shows up and that Main Deck Door is listed but still do not see a loader at it.

Remove  %AppData/Roaming/Virtuali/Airplanes/<>>>>    PMDG 777F>>>>>>>>

You should have nothing related to the PMDG T7 or T7F in the Virtuali/Airplanes folder.

And all should be good. Make sure you have the latest update.

That gsx ini file takes priority over the latest gsx one, and that is why the cargo loaders are not working.

Let me know how it goes Rick

Hi Julian

Brilliant! It worked. Many thanks. Now the proper flatbed loader goes to the appropriate cargo doors on the RHS. Only wish I could edit a loader to go to the Main Deck cargo door. Hopeful some wizard here will come up with a solution.

Apologies didnt see that :)

No sweat.

Make sure the RATE OF CHANGE as set in FSX weather is set to NONE. All manner of bizarre and crazy things happen when it is enabled by even the smallest amount. No-one at ACES understands physics (or meteorology) it would seem.

Given you had the passenger oxygen deploy suggests cabin pressure, which could be due to FSX crazy changes of pressure/temperature around the aircraft. It might also explain why the aircraft failed to fly properly as the atmosphere was FUBAR at that moment.

Best regards,

Robin.

Thanks for that Rob. I did not even know that. I just selected real weather updated every 15 minutes. When I looked in the Customise/Advanced Weather option almost everything there is set to None.The precipitation rate is stuck greyed out.

I reckon I'll switch to REX. Just wasn't sure if that too would throw a wobbler as AS2012 seems to have created issues.